As Director of Technology and Systems, you’ll plan and manage the development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient technology operations. Your work will help StriveTogether make decisions about data, content, software, hardware, security and privacy needs. In this role, you’ll report to our Vice President of Finance and Administration.
You’ll be responsible for the development and execution of our overall technology and systems strategy, which will evolve over time across the organization and with our network partners. Some of your projects will involve managing external vendors, making you the first line of defense for issues that arise and the ultimate project manager for our vendors’ work. You’ll also work closely with the internal team, serving as the primary technology resource for staff.
- Proactively evaluate current and emerging technologies and trends for meeting StriveTogether’s business needs.
- Anticipate and understand our strategies, objectives and priorities to support effective business operations, improve performance and achieve organizational goals.
- Identify opportunities to improve our technology tools, processes and procedures, and evaluate their cost/benefit on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the implementation and continued improvement of technology platforms, including ERP/CRM (Salesforce), ECM (Box.com), collaboration (Google Docs and Microsoft Office), and workflow and project management solutions.
- Develop policies and procedures for the security, proper use, maintenance and disposal of our company hardware.
- Partner with teams and committees to develop business and technology solutions, including setting up and managing tests of new solutions.
- In partnership with the Director of Data Analytics, ensure the integrity, timeliness and accuracy of the data in managed systems.
- Hire and manage vendors for system implementation (including Salesforce), including ongoing maintenance and consulting.
- Develop and maintain a systems strategic plan to guide priorities and budgeting, including staffing, system requirements, key performance indicators and implementation criteria.
- Provide strategic leadership in recommending and selecting systems that will work cross-functionally across the organization.
- Develop dashboards and reports to track data for internal use.
- Enhance the data and technology capacity of network partners by serving as a technology and systems consultant.
- Understand and support the mission, standards and policies of StriveTogether and contribute to their implementation and evaluation.
- Manage relationships with and assess the performance/fit of technology vendors, including our third-party technology administrator.
- Understand routine and basic technology issues or common break fixes that occur across the organization to address the root causes with vendors at an enterprise level.
- Provide technology overview and orientation for all new hires.
- Serve as primary resource for staff during implementation of new technologies and systems.
- Manage the process and experience for staff members requesting hardware repairs or replacements.
- Develop training programs for onboarding and ongoing growth and education of staff on the technology and tools provided for their work.
- Act as the administrator for the 10+ cloud-based services StriveTogether provides to staff.
- Serve as the internal authority and administrator for our Salesforce environment, its related integrations and its custom add-ons.
- Based on your hands-on experience in the Salesforce environment, coordinate and recommend application customizations and system enhancements.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience effectively communicating and navigating technology requirements with individuals at all levels of an organization in a variety of functional roles and with a range of technology interest, skills and awareness
- Experience navigating and integrating technology requirements from teams in different locations
- Strong customer service and business partner mindset, with evidence from experience in retail or another customer-first environment or reviews/references from other work
- Proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with diverse coworkers, community members and customers
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects (including working with vendors and internal resources) with attention to detail, follow-through and strong results and delivery
- 3-5 years of technology management in a small business or nonprofit supporting 40 or more employees
- 1-2 years of Salesforce Admin experience — certifications are a plus
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: Box.com or a similar content management system, Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps
- Experience in a mixed Apple and Microsoft environment, with the willingness and ability to troubleshoot issues on a daily basis in both operating systems
Compensation: StriveTogether offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skills. The salary range for this position is $80,000-100,000.
Apply online at our career site via this link.
StriveTogether is an equal opportunity employer.