You are a champion of race equity, diversity and inclusion (REDI). You have 5+ years of experience in a strategic or operational REDI position, which may include program management, learning and development, organizational development or talent acquisition. You have many examples of programs and initiatives you’ve launched around REDI, and you can speak to your successes and share what you’ve learned from failures. You know how to mobilize individuals and organizations along the ally, accomplice and co-conspirator journey.
You’re a good listener and ask thought-provoking questions. You center the voices and experiences of marginalized communities in your work. You’re results oriented and can measure the success of various REDI initiatives to keep the organization accountable. You’re a clear communicator and have worked with many different stakeholders, communicating effectively with all of them. You’re comfortable facilitating in person, virtually or in small group sessions. You’re an inspirational leader, someone people often go to for advice and guidance. You enjoy encouraging and having a hand in people’s development.
About the position
Reporting to the Vice President of People, Values and Culture, the Director of Race Equity, Diversity and Inclusion plays a pivotal role in shaping and sustaining our commitment to diversity, racial equity and inclusion and being an anti-racist organization at StriveTogether. Working collaboratively, the Director of Race Equity, Diversity and Inclusion is responsible for creating and executing on StriveTogether’s overall REDI and anti-racist strategy and reporting on progress. This position is essential in centering racial equity into our work. This candidate thrives on using data to drive strategy, coaching and influencing others and furthering organizational learning around REDI. The Director will excel by building relationships and partnering with numerous stakeholders to achieve organizational results.
- Work closely with affinity groups in organization to create and codify StriveTogether’s organizational anti-racism strategy
- Develop the systems and processes to embed the anti-racism strategy into our practices and culture
- Integrate regular touch points with staff
- Capture and articulate stories of our Black team members and Cradle to Career Network members by actively engaging with employees and creating effective feedback loops around our efforts
- Capture, codify and share learning and progress with the board and Network
- Publicly share the work we are doing so that the Network is encouraged to advance anti-racism work as well
Diversity and inclusion strategy
- Develop and recommend policy, procedure, and structural improvements that remove barriers to staff success
- Cultivate and promote an inclusive learning and work environment that encourages and supports REDI initiatives which may include organization wide workshops, multicultural and appreciation events, and advocacy for affinity groups
- Develop metrics and data dashboards to ensure accountability, tracking, and monitoring of REDI efforts
- Develop and implement employee professional development to support equity and inclusion competencies
- Work with the Marketing and Communication and Learning and Activation teams to create internal materials, promote learnings and to communicate the organization’s progress
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure StriveTogether recruits, retains and develops qualified and diverse staff, donors, partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Advise and consult StriveTogether staff and initiatives on more equity-centered design.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in anti-racism, diversity and inclusion leadership with a record of furthering strategies and creating best practices
- Ability to work and thrive in an increasingly diverse work community
- Proven track record of promoting, developing and facilitating successful diversity strategies and/or programs to all levels of employees
- Comfort and experience in collaborating with and influencing both staff and senior leadership, moving others into action around building a more diverse, equitable and inclusive environment
- Experience and credibility as a leader in an environment where the ability to influence, work across the organization and build relationships is critical
- Strong conflict resolution and mediation skills with the ability to have tough conversations about privilege, whiteness, equity and power dynamics
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $80,000-$95,000. StriveTogether offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Location: The location for this position is Cincinnati, OH or Chicago, IL.
Applications and cover letters are due by August 18, 2020.
StriveTogether is an equal opportunity employer.