Teach For America – Southwest Ohio seeks a Manager, Alumni Leadership & Corps Member Operations to support the work with our regional strategy to build a pipeline of alumni school leader talent in Southwest Ohio. The Manager, Alumni Leadership & Corps Member Operations will be a key leader in framing post corps experience by creating programming, profession development, and networking opportunities for alumni. They will also support the Head of Program in executing operations and logistics for our corps member programming.
The Manager, Alumni Leadership & Corps Member Operations will envision and execute streamlined professional development for our alumni teachers and school leaders in the Southwest Ohio region. This position will plan and oversee our strategies to improve the educational outcomes of alumni teachers. You will build personal relationships with alumni teachers and help them orient and increase their leadership toward One Day. This role also involves supporting the work of the Head of Program and Chief of Staff and Alumni Network.
This position offers a unique opportunity for an individual who enjoys cultivating relationships and influencing others by stewarding leadership. An individual in this role would be motivated and energized by supporting mid-career teachers and leaders to actualize their career goals. Successful candidates in this role will have a keen eye towards efficiency, problem solving, and collective impact. Candidates should demonstrate unusual attention to detail, a highly-developed ability to facilitate groups, and a knack for learning and building new systems. This position reports directly to the Director of Partnerships and School Leadership, and the location for this role is flexible within the Southwest Ohio region.
Alumni Leadership Support: 55%
- Develop, provide, and maintain professional learning communities in order to execute the mission and vision of Teach For America Southwest Ohio.
- Support the execution of the Director of Partnerships and School Leader’s concentration schools strategy.
- Partner with the Director of PSL to execute programming for alumni interested in school leadership
- Deliver functional team support for the PSL Team in the execution of logistics for events occurring during the fiscal year
- Manage a system to track the status of local alumni engagement and movement in the school leader pipeline
Corps Member Operations: 20%
- Partner with the Head of Program to execute corps member testing, facilitate corps member professional development opportunities, and support corps member communications.
- Collect, upload and monitor corps member student rosters and progress for the NWEA assessment. Provide logistical support for corps members during testing windows (i.e. fall, winter and spring) and work in tandem with National NWEA partner to ensure testing efficiency
- Support logistics of All Corps Conference Saturday events (i.e. securing locations and owning communicating with sites, placing food orders and serving as point person day of event for logistics)
- Support corps member communication as needed
Alumni Network Operations: 15%
- Partner with the Chief of Staff and Alumni Network to execute alumni leadership strategy by updating and tracking information in various databases
- Collect information on current alumni via surveys, internet research or existing data platforms, data collection
- Support the logistical planning and execution of alumni events and execute monthly alumni communications channels including social media.
Ongoing Regional Responsibilities: 10%
- Participate in the region’s corps member selection, matriculation, induction, and ongoing engagement initiatives
- Attend regional staff meetings and retreats held throughout the year, in addition to occasional conferences and trainings
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience as a classroom teacher highly preferred
- Must be able to travel regularly among Southwest Ohio offices (Cincinnati and Dayton)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary; overnight travel is minimal
- Exceptional ability to build and execute complex project plans
- Exceptional ability to set vision and direction of projects by using historical knowledge, partner feedback and sense of possibility
- Exceptional customer service ethic and understanding of the perspectives of others
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and support others
- Ability to make smart choices about what to prioritize and what matters most over a quarter, a month, and a week
- Strong written and oral communication skills for telling the story of impact and communicating regularly with stakeholders