We are seeking an exceptional FP&A Manager for our dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced environment, to join our Finance team. In this key role, you will enhance the financial visibility across the organization, transforming data into actionable insights, and support the organization in sound financial decisions. The FP&A Manager will be responsible for lead the financial planning and forecasting for the organization, thorough variance analysis, ongoing financial reporting, and Board material preparation. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance and currently supervises one FP&A Analyst.
+ Position Responsibilities
- Develop, coordinate, and analyze the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and five-year outlook.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop budgets, forecasts, and reporting.
- Create complex, ad-hoc financial models as needed to support decision-making.
- Develop, maintain, and refine financial models, analyses, and reports in easily digestible formats to identify financial trends and opportunities.
- Analyze actual results and budgets to gain a deeper understanding of business drivers, collaborating with organization and department leaders.
- Lead, recruit, develop, and motivate a high-performing team.
- Prepare and present financial reports, dashboards, and presentations to various stakeholders, including senior executives, managers, and external partners (e.g., U.S. government).
- Develop and enhance reporting to support the changing needs of the organization.
- Continuously improve financial processes and systems to enhance efficiency and accuracy
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Six (6) years of professional experience managing finance and administration in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization (nonprofit experience with $10M+ fiscal management highly preferred).
- Two (2) years developing and creating advanced financial models without existing template or starting point (i.e., from scratch).
- Nonprofit finance-related experience, required.
- Experience with Deltek/Costpoint, highly preferred.
- One (1) year experience managing and developing staff, required.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel, required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable giving presentations.
- Self-motivated, creative, detail-oriented and able to work independently to meet deadlines within time constraints.
- Ability for some travel.
- Must be available to work onsite on an as-needed basis to support MxD personnel and for other onsite events.
- Unlimited responsible paid time off
- 401k Match
- Flexible/hybrid work arrangements
- Competitive medical benefits
- Free onsite snacks and drinks
- Free parking at facility
Compensation - $95,000 - $120,000
Apply online at https://www.mxdusa.org/careers/ by clicking on the link to the position posting and submitting your resume with a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for this role and MxD. Tip: Meeting the qualifications is important, but a great cover letter will set you apart!