Under the supervision of the Executive Director and the Program Director, perform general and specialized student recruiting and some case management duties requiring judgment and knowledge of school and organizational practices.
The Illinois Manufacturing Foundation ( www.imfjobtraining.org ) supports job skills training in the areas of CNC machining, computer technical support and robotics. Our mission is to provide skills-based training that enables individuals to qualify for higher-paying jobs. YOUR goal is to ensure an orderly flow of candidates for admission to each program and providing limited case management services to student candidates.
The Recruiter/Case Manager is responsible for:
- Marketing our program
- Recruiting students
- Providing assistance to individuals in securing eligibility for one or more training funding sources (WIOA, G.I. Bill education benefits and Trade Adjustment Act benefits) and recommending individuals for admission to IMF’s training and placement programs
- Providing relevant information and referral services to trainees to reduce or remove barriers to employment.
Community Outreach (50% of Time)
Perform community outreach to eligible individuals at Workforce Centers, Workforce Center Affiliates and Satellite Workforce Agencies, Vet Centers, veterans counselors, TAA counselors, community organizations, governmental assistance offices, social service organizations, offices of elected officials and other sites for the purpose of securing qualified and appropriate enrollees in IMF’s programs.
Outreach involves recruiting, marketing, eligibility determination and assessment of candidates for admission. Outreach involves development and maintenance of supportive relationships with system ‘gatekeepers’, i.e., Case Manager and Client Service Representatives in the WIOA system, veterans counselors in the VA system, and TAA counselors in the TAA system.
WIOA Title I (20% of Time)
Recruit, assess, and recommend qualified and appropriate WIOA-eligible candidates for admission and assist them in establishing eligibility, certification and enrollment
Conduct and document candidate assessments, to include the following:
- Application for Admission
- Motivation Assessment
- Specialized Program-Related Assessments, such as Mathematics, Mechanical Aptitude and Spatial Visualization Assessments
- Interview with Program Director and Employer as appropriate
Veteran and Dislocated Worker Recruiting (10% of time)
Recruit, assess, and recommend qualified and appropriate GI Bill-eligible and TAA-eligible candidates for admission and assist them in establishing eligibility, certification and enrollment Conduct and document candidate assessments.
Provide Case Management and Supportive Services (10% of time)
Conduct assessments of applicants to determine their interests, abilities, and goals; ascertain whether or not the training program can benefit the individual.
Complete an Employability Development Plan (EDP) to identify supportive services needed by the applicants (ie, transportation, counseling, etc.) and to develop a long range employment goal with each individual.
Provide trainees with soft skills training, which will include interviewing, resume writing, application writing and job search skills and strategies.
- Five years’ experience in marketing, recruiting and working with economically disadvantaged individuals.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other organizations and the public.
- Demonstrated commitment to IMF’s mission and objectives and to progressive technical/vocational training.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people including community organization representatives, public officials, employers, funders, consultants, etc.
- Effective team leading and team building skills. Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- High energy level; enthusiastic
- Able to articulate the vision and mission of the training program.
- Familiarity with written and spoken Spanish a plus Social media skills a plus