The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind – is seeking an Event Support Specialist in Chicago, IL to support the execution of our Walk Program (Great Strides), endurance events and working with a variety of logistics, contracts, in-kind donations and volunteers.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
Responsibilities include coordination of pledge based events and assisting with logistics and providing administrative help on Chapter programs. Other duties include development of collateral materials, data-base management, securing volunteers, and the coordinating of mailings. Some heavy lifting may be required.
- The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of work experience. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Requires strong administrative skills, ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and stay highly organized to ensure timely and accurate work.