NRDC is seeking a summer intern to work with the E2 team in our office in Chicago. As part of E2’s focus on promoting and increasing diversity in the clean energy industry, we encourage all to apply, especially those candidates from diverse backgrounds that are often underrepresented in the clean energy sector.
Intern will work with E2 staff to develop, execute and support initiatives to advance current clean energy initiatives and policies in their regions. They will also help expand and amplify business voices in support of these efforts.
This full-time, paid internship will run for 10 weeks from June 3, 2019 - August 9, 2019.
Chicago Office Intern: We are seeking one intern to work with E2 staff to support the priorities of the E2 Midwest chapter with an emphasis on Illinois. The position will include researching and developing IL clean jobs factsheets, identifying and amplifying positive stories of clean energy businesses and emerging technologies, and supporting advocacy efforts, membership recruitment and events development.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinate communications with E2 members in the region through email updates, newsletter articles and social media;
- Assist E2 staff with various research and projects;
- Assist with E2 membership data management;
- Some travel may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to work a fast-paced environment with the capability to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure and be detail-oriented;
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team;
- Strong interest in environmental protection/conservation, advocacy and enthusiasm for NRDC and E2’s mission;
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint);