The YMCA of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area Child Care program operates 3 Before and After School Care sites, in Truman Elementary, Van Buren Elementary, and Echo Hill. The program also encompasses a Summer Day Program which serves many of the same children for 10 weeks during the summer months. The Director is responsible for administering the total operation of the YMCA's School-Age Child Care program. The Director oversees the leadership and management of programs, facilities, staff and volunteer development and collaborates with community agencies to meet the needs of YMCA members and program participants and assures that the YMCA program meets State of Iowa Child Care licensing requirements.
- Serve as a role model to members and Y staff and, at all times live the mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement.
- Provide direct supervision to child care program coordinators and all child care staff to ensure that the goals and objectives are consistent with the YMCA’s goals and that licensing standards are maintained.
- Conduct or assist in the planning of in-service trainings for the child care programs. Ensure regular staff meetings are organized for all child care programs.
- Assist in the planning and execution of programs and curriculum that meet the highest quality of standards for all programs, including specific knowledge and skills.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, supervising and evaluating the work of child care staff. Develop strategies to motivate and achieve goals.
- Supervise and lead the summer based programs in cooperation with other YMCA programs and staff.
- Monitor city and state activities pertaining to early childhood and school aged child care to keep abreast with current trends in the field.
- Oversee specialized programs conducted in cooperation with community partners. Work with finance department staff to ensure that all billings for child care programs as well as collections are completed in a timely manner, including the submission of all state and other reimbursement forms, applications, and reports.
- Seek grant opportunities to expand and or enrich program activities throughout the child care programs.
- Maintain licensing regulations according to state/federal and national guidelines and ensure that updates are conducted in a timely manner to ensure all sites are maintained as fully licensed facilities.
- Ensure proper record keeping of all payroll records for child care staff and submission to the finance department is completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare and adhere to annual budget with direction from the President/CEO to align with association and department strategic goals and objectives in addition to submission of weekly key indicator and monthly variance reports.
- Prepare incident reports accurately, consistently and in accordance with established timelines.
- Ensure all child care staff are certified in Adult, Pediatric, and Infant CPR/AED/FA. Certified as Instructor Trainer for association.
- Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary financial development efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
- Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements.
- Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations including knowledge of emergency procedures and location of emergency equipment.
- Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings.
- All other duties as assigned by the President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in licensed child care programs is required.
- A combination of education, experience, and child development-related training sufficient to satisfy the State of Iowa DHS Center Director Qualifications.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
- Mandatory ReporterAnnual Bloodborne Pathogen training
- Maintain CPR/First Aid/AED and Mandatory Reporter Trainer certifications.
- All other training, education, and certifications necessary to satisfy the State of Iowa DHS Center Director Qualifications.
Salary: $48,000.00 - $55,000.00