Assists in the creation and delivery of memorandums, organizational materials and announcements, events and other deliverables pertaining to organizational communications. Focuses on developing and delivering clear, concise and coordinated organizational messaging across multiple communications vehicles and on fostering opportunities for dialogue between staff and leadership. Works across all communications platforms, including email, website, social media platforms and company intranet. Serves as project manager for assigned projects, ensuring quality and smooth production from start to finish of project. Assists unit lead in meeting all unit deliverables, including planning and budget assistance. Plans and coordinates meetings and events as needed.
Based in Butembo, this duty station has been designated as high risk or extreme risk and poses a heightened risk or direct threat to personal safety. Applicants should research this location and the associated risks before submitting an application.
- Researches, writes, and edits a broad range of communications that promote the activities of the organization.
- Provides publicity and promotional support for special events and community outreach activities.
- Provides consultative review and editing to internal customer’s communications to ensure accuracy and clarity of message and tone.
- Applies understanding of business/organizational operations to improve material’s depth and relevance to target audience.
- Primary person responsible for the collection, management, analysis and reporting of data.
- Coordinates and develops donor reports, ensuring they are of a high quality and submitted on time.
- Provides written contributions to other internal or external weekly, quarterly and/or semi-annual reports.
- Verifies reports are correct and completely filled out, communicating gaps or inconsistencies to appropriate staff for follow-up.
- Assists with proposal and grant modification development and design as needed.
- Creative, innovative and detail- oriented.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects to meet short deadlines.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Photography and/or videography skills a plus.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English. French language skills strongly desired.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of writing, editing, and publications experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff. * Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.