IMPACCT Brooklyn is currently experiencing growth in its affordable housing lottery and marketing program. We are interested in expanding our capacity to facilitate rental lease and mortgage loan readiness to individuals applying for affordable housing, rental and/or homeownership, of units in central Brooklyn. We are looking for a Senior Inclusionary Marketing Manager to join our team. This position will work closely with staff from City housing agencies to advance efforts to provide affordable housing to eligible households, and will work regularly with housing applicants and tenants, private housing developers and managers, housing case workers, housing advocates, and community partners. IMPACCT Brooklyn, through its Inclusionary Marketing Services Department, also works closely with NYC Housing Preservation Department’s Office of Development and Inclusionary Housing Program, which plays a key role in the implementation of the Mayor’s Housing New York 2.0 plan to provide low-income units as a percentage of the total units in new development projects.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the department, which includes supervision of staff, volunteers and off-site events; and developing and implementing procedures and processes to enable the achievement of inclusionary marketing program goals;
- Responsible for maintaining his/her own portfolio of housing applicant files to facilitate applicant lease readiness for available affordable rental units and planning for initial occupancy of new affordable units including approval of form leases, applicable fees, tenant screening and selection criteria;
- Manage and ensure consistency and timeliness of housing applicant eligibility reviews and income verification, application package submissions for review and approval by the Director and housing agencies;
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local residents, property managers, private developers, City agencies, housing and service providers; to provide income-eligible households access to affordable homes.
- Ensure regular communication and coordination with applicants, private developers, property managers and consultants; providing timely reporting on applicant and project status;
- Conduct and schedule interviews of housing applicants;
- Monitor housing applicant and resident experiences; solicit, compile and assess participant feedback to improve programs and services;
- Compile, maintain and analyze program log books and other data to assess outcomes relative to program goals, both electronically and hard copies;
- Maintain and regularly update applicant, client and vendor files;
- Assist with other City housing programs and special housing projects as needed;
- Prepare and maintain written correspondence, documents, reports and files for assigned projects in a clear, organized manner;
- Ensure compliance with and in accordance with HPD’s inclusionary housing policies and procedures
- Input updates into electronic databases in a timely and accurate manner;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Creative problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills, with close attention to detail
- Knowledge and/or practical experience in City, State and Federal regulations and policies related to affordable housing programs; City and Federal housing regulations and legislation that may bear on housing policy and program initiatives;
- Experience with community-based planning and neighborhood development
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and juggle multiple tasks concurrently
- Willingness to learn on the job, exhibit a high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a detail-oriented work environment
- Solid working knowledge of affordable housing programs, income and eligilbity review, application management and working with housing applicants and tenants;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities, tasks, and diverse stakeholders to help negotiate solutions to complex problems involving parties that may have different interests and goals;
- Highly organized and attention to detail in a fast-paced office environment; strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills including demonstrated facility with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel) and familiarity with or ability to learn rental housing management software
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, a minimum of 3 years, of progressively responsible experience in affordable housing or assisted housing management; with a minimum of 2 years’ experience managing employees.
- Strong analytical and research skills to evaluate program analysis and planning, relay complex program information and requirements to staff, colleagues, applicants, property managers, developers and community partners;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn, lead and motivate others to excel;
- Excellent judgment, and excellent organizational, written and oral communication, and public speaking skills;
- Excellent customer service and community engagement skills to positively relate to staff and the general public;
- Language proficiency, knowledge of diverse communities and neighborhoods in Central Brooklyn, a plus.
Commensurate with experience; Health, Dental and other fringe benefits
IMPACCT Brooklyn and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers
IMPACCT Brooklyn is leader in community-based development work for 55+ years. As a comprehensive community development corporation, in addition to housing development, IMPACCT Brooklyn provides economic mobility programs and services in support of residents and small businesses including: community organizing, homeowner counseling & foreclosure prevention, financial capacity building and merchant services.