- Oversee, coordinate and execute membership mailings, emails and social media posts which includes monthly renewals; prospecting and special promotions; invitations, membership discounts, and information regarding member benefits; and outreach to lapsed members
- Process and review all membership gifts and data, ensuring biographical, programmatic and financial information is accurate and up-to-date in the Altru database
- Work with the Visitor Services Department to provide customer service to all members
- Work with Director of Development and Development Staff to manage the Contributing Membership group and develop strategies to grow this membership level
- Implement stewardship procedures for general Members, Contributing Members, and Partner Members
- Generate regular database reports including financial and analytical reports and overall membership statistics
- Generate acknowledgment letters and membership cards as well as renewal lists for review
- Prepare renewal packages for all basic and high-level members.
- Respond to membership inquiries and draft personal correspondence to basic and high-level members, including thank you notes and emails.
- Work with the Director of Development and Marketing Department on printed and digital materials for membership
- Maintain inventory of membership materials and stationery
- Ensure membership pages on the website are up-to-date
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the overall needs of the Development Department including assistance with direct mail, and special events.
- Provide general office assistance and serve as a back-up for Development Associate.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employee.
Must have strong computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency required; demonstrable Raiser’s Edge or Altru database experience required; familiarity with MailChimp or similar email marketing platform preferred. Strong telephone and in-person customer-service and interpersonal skills required. A minimum of one year of office experience required; membership or development experience strongly preferred. Must be a well-organized, responsible, dependable and detail-oriented individual. Interest in horticulture, gardening, and cultural programming a plus. Familiarity with Riverdale and its surrounding Bronx communities a plus. Position requires work on weeknights and weekends.
This position is under a collective bargaining agreement.
- Full-time; Non-exempt
- 5 days a week.
- Salary: $38,851
- Benefits: major medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k with a pension plan, and life insurance
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing samples by email to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
Please, no calls or emails.