Under the direct supervision of our Executive Director and with support of our dynamic leadership team, the Director of Operations will guide high-quality programming and branch operations in the areas of Membership, Aquatics, Healthy Living, Teens, and Sports. Responsibilities will also include staff development, philanthropy, partnership development, member experience, and volunteer management. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a thoughtful leader who thrives in a multicultural, inclusive, and fast-paced work environment.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops and directs diverse staff and volunteers. Holds others accountable for equitable staff hiring, promotion, and development. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Guides others on how to strengthen knowledge, skills, and competencies that improve organizational performance.
- Manages the budgeting process so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives. Ensures operating budgets meet or exceed targets. Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
- Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and association goals and strategies. Establishes plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives and the leadership team.
- Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member focused programs which support Y mission, goals and strategies.
- Builds bridges within the community so that all segments of society have access to the Y.
- Effectively communicates community benefit and the Y’s impact for all stakeholders (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, and community leaders) develops positive working and collaborative relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
- Ensures risk management policies, procedures and practices are in place and executed.
- YMCA Multi-Team Leader certification preferred.
- Five or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Proven ability to direct assigned operations including volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of budgets, membership acquisition and engagement, Health & Wellness, fundraising, and program innovation and program development.
- Knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations prefered
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- CPR and First Aid certifications required within 30 days of hire.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.