About GreenLight Fund
Founded in Boston in 2004, GreenLight Fund addresses barriers to economic mobility for children, youth and families in high-poverty urban areas by creating local infrastructure and a consistent annual process to:
- Identify critical needs and barriers for people experiencing poverty.
- Import innovative, entrepreneurial programs that can have a significant, measurable impact.
- Galvanize local support to help programs reach and sustain impact in the city.
In addition to funding, GreenLight Fund provides ongoing support to the organizations it brings to a city (portfolio organizations) through access to a national network of partners and city-specific relationships and knowledge, as well as expertise developed through GreenLight Fund’s experience in other cities, which help ensure their success and impact. Currently, in addition to the founding site in Boston, GreenLight Fund now has sites in Atlanta, Baltimore, the Bay Area, Boston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Philadelphia, the Twin Cities, and is currently launching in Newark. Since our founding, GreenLight has launched and supported 33 innovative organizations across these sites that reached more than 325,000 children and families last year.
With a new strategic plan in place, GreenLight Fund is poised for continued growth, with a focus on deepening community impact, growing to new cities, building our learning capacity, building strategic partnerships, and centering equity in all that we do.
To learn more about the GreenLight Fund’s work, please visit us at www.greenlightfund.org.
About the Opportunity
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and serving as a member of the ten-person Management Team, the Senior Director of Finance and Operations (Sr. DFO) will help lead GreenLight’s finance, operations, facilities, and IT needs as it grows to serve more regions. Currently operating with a $10M+ budget and a staff of over 30 employees, the Sr. DFO will play a hands-on role ensuring that GreenLight has the financial and operational backbone to achieve its mission. This person will also be the trusted advisor weighing in on the financial planning piece of GreenLight’s next 4-5 year strategic plan.
The Sr. DFO will lead the organization's financial management and reporting systems and advise the Board and Management Team on matters relating to financial systems, budget execution, compliance, and long-term planning. Operationally, the Sr. DFO will oversee the organization's evolving facilities and IT needs both in its home office and in its satellite offices. As part of GreenLight's efforts to evolve, the Sr. DFO will be responsible for the accounting functions, which were recently brought in-house.
The Sr. DFO will manage the 3-person Finance and Operations team that includes our Operations Manager and Staff Accountant. The Sr. DFO will also be responsible for managing a variety of vendor relationships related to its finance, IT, and facilities needs.
GreenLight has grown considerably in the past year and the Sr. DFO will play a critical role in evaluating the effectiveness and long-term fit of its existing systems and processes against its strategic plan and future growth goals. This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial and operationally minded individual to shape the systems, and process of a growing social enterprise to ensure it achieves its mission of spurring economic mobility and opportunity across the country.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the organizational leader managing finance; support senior management, the Board, and Executive Directors through planning, financial modeling, and compliance.
- Manage GLF’s investments, including review and revision of investment policy and working with advisors to manage our portfolio
- Manage the finance function to ensure the accurate execution of operational finance (i.e. accounting, reporting, banking, payroll, budgeting, procurement, and compliance) and the delivery of all mandated financial reports.
- Lead the development of the organization’s long-term financial strategy, including financial models, analyses, forecasts, that will strengthen the organization’s balance sheet and set other appropriate financial targets to ensure strong financial health and financial sustainability for the organization.
- Lead site-wide management of compliance systems, legal affairs as related to finance, insurance, and other risk management strategies in alignment with federal, state, and local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop critical organization-wide systems, ensuring that technology and staff work effectively across sites.
- Develop, in collaboration with the teams, robust and challenging key performance indicators for facilities, IT, operations, and finance, continuously review performance and adapt and improve indicators to demonstrate improvement
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements, including ways GreenLight can streamline or bring in-house systems and processes currently provided by vendors.
- Build a more robust IT function for the organization including strategic and integrated approaches to hardware, software, and security
- Manage selection, improvement, integration and/or maintenance of critical national operating platforms; currently Salesforce, Box, Apricot, Zenefits, Google, Zoom
- Support and potentially grow the finance and operations team and network of vendors to ensure a high level of operational excellence
- 10+ years of professional experience, with demonstrated success leading aspects of the finance and operations function in the nonprofit space
- Experience and ability to lead the finance function and serve as a thought partner and advisor to the Board and management team
- A talented project manager that has experience evaluating and implementing administrative strategies and related plans, tools, and processes
- Ability to develop, and implement process improvements, system overhauls and solutions to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness; leverages exceptional organizational, time and task management skills as well as prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy and lead the implementation of new systems and processes to ensure adoption and effectiveness
- A keen intellect, with the ability to be an independent thinker and creative problem solver
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service mindset, with the ability to develop strong relationships with leaders across an organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to generate reports and memos for both internal and external audiences
- Ability to manage up and sideways to support a regionally dispersed group of site Executive Directors
- Familiarity and comfort devising and establishing IT policies, systems, and processes that support broader organizational strategies
- Proven ability to integrate new technologies, systems and practices into existing infrastructure
- A deep commitment to and alignment with GreenLight’s mission, vision and values
The salary for this position is $150,000 - $160,000.
GreenLight offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO and parental leave, as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, FSA, EAP, remote work assistance, and professional development stipend.
To apply for this position, please click the following link: https://bit.ly/3AMSUGa .
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com