The Policy and Advocacy Specialist reports to the Manager of Policy and Advocacy to support and execute strategic initiatives that enable access to high-quality, specialized CF care. The specialist will monitor coverage and access issues, coordinate appropriate responses, liaise with internal and external partners to address issues, and assist in evidence generation to encourage a favorable coverage environment for people with cystic fibrosis.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Serve as subject matter expert on a variety of coverage and access topics, including health plan policies, Medicaid and state health program offerings, and CF care and treatments.
- Monitor changes to clinical coverage policies within Medicaid and other payer programs; identify trends; recommend and coordinate appropriate, evidence-based CFF response.
- Assist in the development and execution of policy research and analysis to support CFF coverage priorities. Prepare position papers and correspondence on key policy and coverage issues.
- Serve as point person for engagement with internal and external steering committees, comprised of clinicians of various disciplines, patients, and family members, to facilitate input into policy strategy and coverage-related programming.
- Guide policy communication efforts with CFF assets including external stakeholders such as clinicians, people with CF, and industry colleagues, internal partners, and the CF community on access-related issues.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, and other professional development activities to maintain and enhance expertise.
- Manage and execute special projects.
- Provide logistical support as needed such as agenda development, special event preparation, internal trainings, creation of materials, and conducting follow-up with stakeholders, as needed.
- Attend legislative hearings, briefings, and meetings of coalitions, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years of experience working in health care policy.
- Requires excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and dedicated to creative problem solving.
- Individual should be highly analytical, organized, conscientious, resourceful, and adaptable.
- Team player with positive, professional attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, experience with Adobe and/or Photoshop suites a plus.
- Reports to the Manager of Policy and Advocacy