The Investment Team is responsible for active oversight and management of Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s $4 billion in assets. Our focus is on hiring talented Investment Analysts to support and lead the management of the Foundation’s investment portfolio. This role provides significant exposure, in both breadth and depth, to the investable universe. New hires will benefit from an intimate and nimble team that is dedicated to developing and building talent.
The Investment Team provides the financial returns for the Foundation and is comprised of seasoned investors that are dedicated to being strong stewards of capital and producing strong results. We are building a highly collaborative and purpose-driven culture that is focused on attracting and developing extraordinary talent to support the Foundation’s mission.
The Investment Analyst shares responsibility for the entire investment process. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acquiring skills in investment due diligence, selection, and monitoring of investment partners, including fund managers, co-investments, and direct investments.
- Supporting the sourcing of new opportunities and investment partners across the globe and across asset classes (public markets, private markets, and absolute return).
- Responsible for supporting the full functions of the Investment Team, including investment operations, performance management, and risk management.
- Performing primary research on asset classes, portfolio and risk allocation, and capital markets.
- Integral in the investment analysis and recommendations made to the Team Investment Committee and the Board Investment Committee.
- Developing frameworks for continued improvements across the investment process.
- Working closely with the broader organization.
Strong academic background with prior work experience, preferably at a foundation, endowment, or institutional asset manager. Candidates possess the following competencies:
- Is open to new ideas, projects, and work situations.
- Works collaboratively with team members to accomplish objectives.
- Identifies and takes steps to support and sustain a disciplined process.
- Seeks diverse experiences and sources of information to learn and grow.
- Acts as a role model for inclusive behavior.
- Prepares well-written, well-organized material and presents recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly passionate of the mission.
- Demonstrates knowledge of capital markets and risk-reward of various asset classes.
- Is able to analyze data and generate reports to assist in the investment strategy and portfolio construction.
- Supports the initial sourcing and gathering of potential investment opportunities.
- Understands implications from analysis and is able to perform data analysis in a comprehensive manner.
- Balances making independent decision-making with input from others and escalates complex decisions.
- Takes ownership of tasks, decisions, and outcomes.