We are recruiting interns to build the next generation of the environmental movement! This is an outstanding opportunity for students interested in local grassroots environmental organizing and politics.
The Sierra Club SF Bay Chapter plays a vital role in the environmental movement by mobilizing our 30,000 members in grassroots activism, lobbying, and local elections. Some of our current campaigns include working with communities to regulate polluting refineries in Contra Costa County, promoting clean renewable energy in San Francisco and the East Bay, and collaborating with nonprofits and elected officials around the Bay Area to fight climate change.
- Learn key points of Sierra Club policy on our local conservation issues.
- Research and track conservation issues related to everything in our chapter area from open space to lobbying to phase out coal.
- Phone banking, canvassing, research and on the group data collection are all included in the work responsibilities.
- Event and outreach support as needed.
- A passion for organizing and grassroots efforts for change.
- Commitment to environmental issues, especially as they impact disadvantaged communities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Real world experience in nonprofit organizing and political work.
- Take part in coalitions with progressive organizations from the environmental justice, labor movement, faith, community organizing, and political sectors.
- Past interns have gone on to careers in the nonprofit and political field.
- Plan, implement, and attend exciting events.
- Inclusion in staff meetings, field campaign activities, and everyday workplace fun.
- Opportunity to work for a nationally respected environmental group.
- Participate in exciting and successful campaigns to protect local communities and the global climate.