Provides employee and Human Resources staff support in several functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, payroll, HRIS and training & development. Maintains employee hardcopy and softcopy HRIS files. Inputs employee personal data into human resources information system (HRIS) database and generates reports as needed for HR staff. Serves as initial point of contact for employees with questions related to their personal employee information. Processes various forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new-hire, change-of-status, performance evaluations, benefits, terminations, etc. Conducts new-hire orientations and may handle or facilitate employee exit interviews. Coordinates interviews, maintains visa files and may provide updates to recruiting system files.
Also responsible for, and accountable for, the delivery of all logistics related activities in accordance with the organization’s logistics policies and procedures. Establishes all operational aspects to support project delivery in resource-scarce and highly insecure environments. Leads operational country-assessments, including supply chain management, purchasing, facilities, and fleet management. Serve as the procurement specialist and will be responsible for developing and standardizing operations processes and systems in accordance with home office guidance and directives. Collaborates with colleagues across departments to identify system needs, process bottlenecks, and to develop unique solutions to enable more timely, efficient, and accountable operations. Support preparedness planning across country programs, developing instructional material, facilitating training, and mentoring staff.
- Provides administrative support to the HR team in multiple areas (e.g HRIS, compensation, benefits, recruiting, payroll, and training & development) to include interview scheduling, payroll administration, orientation packet coordination, data tracking, routine immigration administrative issues, and respond to standard employee inquiries.
- Serves as back-up point of contact for employees with HR-related questions. Responds to Employee Service Center (ESC) requests.
- Processes forms and system updates related to new hires, change-of- status, performance evaluations, benefits changes, separations etc. Ensures employee data in HRIS is accurate.
- May conducts new-hire orientation and may assist with separation process.
- Develop standard protocols for essential logistic processes, including procurement requisition, warehouse management, and commodity dispatch.
- Identify, establish, and manage facilities in emergencies, including office, residence, warehousing, and other critical infrastructure.
- Determine transportation requirements, secure transportation assets, and manage fleet allocation, including fuel, maintenance, and driver pool.
- Establish and maintain asset and inventory registry in Headquarter (HQ) and the field, including equipment allocation & maintenance, and dispose of assets in accordance with donor regulations.
- Ensure logistic and procurement activities are properly documented and fully adhere to United States Government (USG) export compliance as well as destination country importation & customs regulations and relevant protocols.
- Collaborate with HQ support departments to identify operations and administration process bottlenecks, and develop solutions appropriate for operations.
- Identify staffing requirements and supervise logistics personnel while on deployment.
- Act as security focal point as required, including management of staff safety and movement protocols, management of 3rd party security providers, and development of security standard operating procedures for crisis operations.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
- Has ability to recognize situations that deviate from accepted practice and seeks managerial advice prior to taking action.
- Errors may negatively impact departmental functions and deadlines.
- Works on problems of diverse scope that require analysis or interpretation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within selecting methods and techniques to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive working relationships with internal and external staff.
- Decision may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Works under direct supervision and follows specific instructions; work is subject to regular review.
- Does not change procedures without supervisor’s approval.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives methods and procedures on new projects and assignments.
- May provide guidance to other lower level personnel.
- Typically reports to an Associate Director or Director.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Experience establishing startup operations/projects in new countries preferred.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company of progressive program management experience in humanitarian assistance or related industry experience in a relevant technical area.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.