The Bedford Playhouse seeks an experienced and dynamic leader with a history of inspiring people through principled leadership. He/she will have a proven track record in Development, (major gifts, annual fund drives and endowment). The Executive Director will exhibit a strong passion for the arts.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on experienced Administrator. He or she will be a versatile, self- starter who will manage all aspects of the Playhouse’s operations: fundraising, programming, revenue generation, budgeting, cost control, marketing, and membership growth.
He/ she will ensure that the Playhouse continues to meet the needs of the communities it serves in accordance with its mission.
The Executive Director will report directly to the Board and be responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations and direction of departmental managers of the Bedford Playhouse- overseeing all administrative functions of the organization, including:
- Development (Director of Development)
- Theater Operations (Theater Manager)
- Marketing (Marketing Manager)
- Finance and Accounting (which is outsourced to a third party)
- Café (Café Manager)
- Execute Board Approved short-and long-term strategies for the Playhouse.
- Deliver a long-term strategic plan
- Report on activities in writing at least monthly to Board of Directors.
- Identify, cultivate, and assist in the recruitment of board and advisory council members whose skills, experience, and financial connections meet the organization’s needs.
- Lead and track entire development effort together with Director of Development, including solicitation of major donor gifts.
- Enlarge Donor Base and cultivate relationships with major donors
- Oversee the organization and execution of fund-raising events, including annual gala.
- Initiate long-term endowment effort and capital campaigns.
- Grow Membership
- Manage and develop direct reports, including Development Director, and Theater Manager.
- Grow revenue through ticket sales, Café utilization, other events, and non-programming revenue, e.g. facilities rentals.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels
- A commitment to the development and training of staff
- Together with treasurer prepare annual budgets for Board approval in accordance with approved budget policies.
- Monitor and ensure revenue and cost control in accordance with budget, monthly financial reporting, compliance, cash flow projections (through third party accounting provider).
- Work closely with the Programming Committee to shape and oversee programming slate, including all curated series and education programs.
- Oversee all communications including website, marketing, and branding,
- Foster strategic partnerships within the local government and community on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all facilities and equipment are maintained to a high standard
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the not-for-profit sector as a manager.
- Outstanding successful track record in Fundraising/Development
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams and co-workers.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with major donors and other constituents.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organization and time management skills, and the ability to perform non-routine work with changing priorities
- Experience in not-for-profit cinema or arts organizations a plus.
Please submit a letter and resumé (electronic submissions preferred) with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments to:
[email protected] gmail.com
Bedford Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer.