This finance officer is responsible for finance and accounting functions for BCCF and its affiliates with a public interface, including fund accounting, financial reporting and budgeting for project funds, and overseeing Finance fund communications such as fund statements, spending policy, organization distributions, gift receipting and acknowledgement, grant reporting, and external audit confirmations. This position will also support accounting for investments.
Receipting of funds
- Oversee gift receipting and non-gift (service fees, ticket sales, etc.) payment receipting process to ensure accurate reporting and acknowledgement of incoming funds.
- Perform portion of daily deposit process identified for strong internal controls
- Record revenue transactions for billings such as service fees, room rentals, staff reimbursement in the general ledger. Reconcile accounts receivable details to billing activity monthly.
- Coordinate with external loan servicing consultants to properly report loans and payments in accounting records. Reconcile Loans Receivable to subsidiary statements monthly.
Incoming grant Finance support
- Assist Finance Director in correct revenue reporting of new grants.
- Provide transaction reports to program departments as requested for grant budget and reporting purposes.
- Reconcile general ledger grant expenditures to funder reports.
- Reconcile Grants Receivable and Deferred Revenue accounts quarterly.
- Reconcile all investment accounts
- Manage broker accounts and communications with individual brokers
- Calculate and collect yearly spendable portions from investment account
- Provide investment accounting support as needed for custodial funds and trust funds held on behalf of donors
- Staff support for Investment Committee including all docketing responsibilities.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- 3 – 4 years of relevant work experience required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge required
- Proven ability to solve complex problems, including searching for sources or information, determining relevance to the task, and advancement of creative approaches to completing tasks and solving problems.
- Ability to present and communicate ideas and concepts in public and private, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive customer service attitude and good inter-personal skills.
- Experience with a variety of technology tools and accounting software including Microsoft office, with an expectation of continuous learning related to job duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks and deadlines with proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative with moderate direction.
Please provide a cover letter and resume.