ISS-USA seeks a flexible, energetic, creative, detail oriented individual, with a sense of humor and a passion for the mission of ISS-USA. This individual will provide administrative management to the U.S .Repatriation Program, a cooperative agreement between International Social Service-USA and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Human Service Emergency Preparedness and Response (HHS/OHSEPR).
Scope of Responsibility:
• Manage and supervise the Administrative and Database Coordinators
• Ensure that all financial procedures (reimbursements, loan processing and waivers) are completed accurately, approved by OHSEPR and followed through until completion.
• Serve as direct point of contact and provide technical assistance, reporting or support to state finance departments and Department of State (DOS) Charleston Finance Office
• Serve as point of contact and provide technical assistance, information and reporting to the HHS Program Support Center (PSC)
• Prepare and submit electronic financial and status reports quarterly and annually through the HHS Payment Management System (PMS)
• Execute federal financial requirements as required for drawdown, carryforward, and Indirect rate requests
• Accurately maintain data to report to, liaise with, and support OHSEPR with cases that involve: high costs, escorts from country of departure to port of entry (POE), and that meet the criteria for complex financial submissions.
• Ensure all approvals, authorizations or program guidance documents are filed and disseminated to program staff.
• Manage ISS repatriation list serve and communicate regularly with program contacts to encourage, remind, coax routine and timely submission of reimbursement requests
• Coordinate with OHSEPR during an emergency evacuation to execute all necessary operations and provide all support requested by OHSEPR. Ensure detailed and up to date record keeping of all evacuation financial activities, including staff time. Coordinate regularly and as needed with OHSEPR to gain the necessary approvals and share information.
• Recruit, screen, train and supervise new staff as needed.
• Collaborate with the Finance department to learn and follow all financial procedures
• Work collaboratively with the Program Manager and team to improve program efficiency, data collection and protocols (internally and with OHSEPR).
• All other duties as assigned and required.
The ideal candidate must have outstanding computer skills including expertise in all Microsoft Office Programs, outstanding analytical and reporting capabilities using tables, graphs, charts to clearly report program outcomes and make recommendations for improvements. They must learn program operations quickly and be able to work independently under minimal supervision. They must have excellent communication, supervisory and collaboration/cooperation skills. Must be willing to jump in and pitch in wherever there is a need. Must be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and carry out all aspects of the work accordingly. Must have outstanding time management and organizational skills.
Minimum of -5 years of federal contract or grants management experience including fiscal management, compliance and reporting on grants or contracts of a minimum of $2,000,000 USD, a bachelor’s degree in business or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience or a Master’s Degree in a business related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience. Nonprofit experience working with federal government agencies directly is preferred.
ISS-USA offers an excellent “cafeteria benefit package”
Please submit resume and writing sample to the ISS-USA Human Resources department at [email protected]