The Director oversees all elements of the Counseling Department, including program development, execution, analysis, evaluation, innovation / refinement and internal and external partnership management. S/he will supervise counseling staff, train new staff as needed, and will ensure that the program pipeline from intake to file closure meets or exceeds National Industry Standards and complies with all funding and regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Contracts & Reporting: Provide full complement of grant, contract and award management and delivery. Ensure compliance is met, goals are met, reports are completed in full and on time, and audits are successfully completed both internally and externally. Ensure data is entered into databases to track program statistics. Ensure monthly reporting and/or billing is accurate and deadlines met.
Quality Control: Perform random client file and report reviews for quality assurance. Perform survey/customer service follow up calls for quality control as required by HUD.
Provide guidance and direction: Train staff in the duties required to perform functions of department. Conduct performance evaluations; provide coaching, training and professional development. Assign schedules and tasks.
Model team culture: Set high standards or goals and achieve them. Lead by example. Provide accountability for activities and performance. Ensure appropriate training and reference materials are available and cross-training is done. Allow for effective time management, coordination and efficiency.
Communication and people skills: Develop trust and confidence within team, resolve problems and issues that result in a productive, goal oriented work group. Encourage your team to be proactive learners, take initiative and be engaged in the work. Ensure regular and smooth communication among team, other programs, management, and partners.
OPERATIONAL & ADMINISTRATIVE
Goal setting, planning and organizing: Establish and communicate team vision. Establish goals through development of operational plans. Commit to strategies for long-term, sustainable funding. Work with Chief Financial Officer to develop and maintain an accurate budget.
Fiscal management: Using the annual budget as a guide, assist with departmental funding applications for various programs as compatible with the ongoing activities. Identify new sources of funding that are relevant to the housing counseling field. Be apprised of best practices for diversified funding. Keep abreast of changes to funding climate or priority shifts.
Evaluation and analysis: Evaluate and examine processes or procedures and decide on the best choice to produce an outcome. Track progress of program activities and effectiveness, review and offer feedback and counseling. Provide satisfaction among staff and clients. Ensure quality of service.
Marketing: Develop outreach strategy. Work with Community Relations Specialist to market the housing program to the neighborhood at large and throughout the city to promote the goals of the program.
Program coordination & technology efficiencies: Work with Administration to develop long-term goals for increasing automation and technology efficiencies to ensure client quality control and consistent messaging. Identify ways for greater data collection and program coordination
- Proven experience in a management role.
- Minimum two years contract administration experience with knowledge of federal, state and local funding requirements.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills. Must be computer savvy and experienced in a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office.
- 3 years HUD approved counseling agency management or supervision experience.
- Proven ability to deal with people in high stress situations with empathy and concern.
- Demonstrated experience working with culturally and economically diverse groups of people.
- Ability to foster a positive and productive work environment with ability to lead, build teams, and motivate staff.
- Knowledge of Real Estate, underwriting policies, mortgages, foreclosure, and household budgeting.
- Housing Counseling Certification (homeownership, financial stability, and foreclosure) a must.
- Trainer/facilitator experience, familiarity with CMAX and Social Solutions (ETO) a plus.
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience. This is a full time position plus benefits