Teach For America Baltimore prides itself on being a model of operational efficiency. Our ability to get things done at a rapid pace is truly determined by the foundation that our support teams build. Some of our most talented individuals are thinking every day about how to make teams more productive and efficient.
As an Associate of AmeriCorps and Finance on the Teach For America Baltimore team, you play a critical role in designing the processes and systems necessary for our team to be the best possible. You serve as the central provider of financial and operational logistics for a team of twenty-eight people and are responsible for improving team compliance.
- Create and submit expense reports for members of the Baltimore regional team
- Track team member compliance with expense & reimbursement documentation submission
- Respond to questions regarding our expense & reimbursement policies, as well as provide coaching to team members to ensure compliance
- Manage the regional team’s budget and spending by tracking monthly spending for all sub-team budgets forecasting for future spending based on up-to-date information
- Prepare reports and respond to data requests during monthly and year-end financial forecast windows
- Serve as national finance team point person to ensure fiscal responsibility and compliance with TFA’s financial policies
- Pay monthly bill payments and create corporate credit card expense reports; confirm all invoices are paid on time.
- Build internal controls to improve team’s financial and organizational compliance measures
- Acting as a liaison to building management, local vendors, and Teach For America's national support teams, such as finance.
- Facilitating office orders, supplies and operations including interactions with the properties team and Teach For America’s landlord
- Plan and execute logistics for Board meetings and Board retreats
- Along with other Associates, serves as primary phone and reception contact for office
- Ensure quality customer service among corps members, external contacts, and other Teach For America team members
- Ensure all AmeriCorps enrollment and exiting processes are complete and accurate for corps members
- Manage and coordinate compliance for team members on the grant including project managing background checks and presenting TFA staff member orientation
- Serve as primary point person for answering corps member compliance questions
- Audit and track eligibility documents and manage corps members and staff to ensure compliance
Regional Responsibilities (15%)
- Participate in region- and organization-wide initiatives and events such as corps member selection, staff learning and development days, new corps member confirmation, and other events
- One to three years of post-college work experience.
- Exemplifies Teach For America’s core values and demonstrates an ability to work with a diverse set of teammates and stakeholders
- Strong ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and keep a close eye on important details
- Strong ability to build relationships, understand the perspectives of others and provide exceptional customer service
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify process improvements
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and to drive projects forward independently
- Approach the work with a flexible, innovative, and service-oriented perspective
- Ability to travel to event locations around the Baltimore region
- Some weekend and evening work required