ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
We believe in the genius and beauty of Black children and the unique role of Black Teachers in cultivating their gifts. The Black Teacher Collaborative (BTC) seeks to ensure that all Black children will have challenging, affirming, and innovative learning environments staffed by a critical mass of Black educators who are equipped to maximize shared racial identity to push students academic growth and socio-emotional well being.
Black Teacher Collaborative provides an opportunity for educators to build the mindsets, skills, experience, and knowledge needed to actualize a new model for Black teacher effectiveness and impact; Ultimately, increased teacher impact will fuel the advancement of Black children, our families, and our communities.
BTC’s work focuses on improving teacher impact in shared racial identity learning environments. BTC is developing an innovative pedagogy, curriculum and teacher training fellowship that will include in-person and remote professional development sessions, on-going coaching, monthly blended learning modules and the completion of a capstone at the end of year three. BTC is launching the fellowship with 35 fellows at six pilot sites in the 2017-2018 school year in Baton Rouge, LA, New Orleans, LA and Atlanta, GA.
We are looking for a Full-Time Work from Home Executive Assistant to assist the Founder & CEO by providing administration support with both professional and personal tasks. In this position, you will act as an extension of the CEO, maintain professionalism in both written and verbal interactions, maintain cordial relationships with staff at all levels and tend to clients and senior level candidates within office. This is a fast pace environment and she needs to be able to juggle multiple responsibilities and proactively anticipate the CEO's business needs with discretion and diplomacy.
The Executive Assistant will report to the Director of Administration and Operations and will be responsible for providing support and assistance to executives that ensure effective use of time and productive interactions with staff and the public. Uses discretion and judgment and knowledge of the organization to facilitate the executive's activities. Handles a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks involving department support, project coordination, meeting coordination, calendar management (including liaising with many others regarding schedule availability), research, travel arrangements, time and expense management, invoicing event planning. Responds to or routes priority or confidential inquiries from external or internal sources with correspondence or other messaging on behalf of the executive. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Make independent decisions and judgments on areas of responsibility with limited supervision, including coordination with certain vendors, purchase of necessary department equipment, and creation and dissemination of various communications. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature
Support of CEO:
- Heavy calendar management including full coordination of meetings and calls, preparation of materials, conference room bookings and conference call set up.
- Coordinating significant travel arrangements, including ground & air transportation and lodging.
- Drafting & tracking correspondence and communications including emails, phone calls, and mailings
- Attend meetings, video conference, board meetings, and calls and keep minutes
- Track and update projects in Project Management Platform (SmartSheets)
- Handle and prioritize our CEO’s incoming and outgoing e-mail using Gmail, Active Inbox, and Todoist
- Ability to hold many moving parts at once and think ahead for the CEO - i.e anticipate her needs (if she has a meeting, what does she need to be prepared for it).
- Ability to develop systems for CEO - i.e how does she track and manage her to do’s coming out of meetings and follow up on things that need to be followed up on in 1-2 weeks
- Ability to follow-up on CEO’s behalf - Even just to acknowledge receipt and indicate when she will be able to reply and/or knowing whether the issue is better addressed by someone else on the team
Event Management & Support:
- Support special events and Development workstream with facilitating A/V, meal plans, expense processing, vendor onboarding, pricing with hotels and convention centers as needed
- Support logistics and details of off-site organizational meeting and meet-ups
- Support consultants with supply procurement, printing, internal marketing materials
- Registration management for special events
- Speakers and presenters confirmation and travel
- On-site and back-office coordination of event operations
- Maintain contact details for stakeholders, vendors, clients, etc. (business contacts, etc.) with Contact Database (Full Contact)
- Cultivate relationships and maintain contact with external clients and their administrative assistants on behalf of the CEO and BTC leadership.
- Assist in the management of organizational policies and procedures, and organize BTC documents in shared online storage.
- Support the execution and logistical planning for donor mailings and other development communications including but not limited to the end-of-year appeal, the annual report and other activities
- Collaborate with the Communications team on social media promoting BTC
- Take on special projects and drives them to completion
- Perform additional tasks as required
- Three to five years of experience supporting high-level executives
- Travel management experience - Managing a heavy travel schedule with 3-5 trips per month within a complex calendar
- Strong time/project management skills requiring managing, organizing and tracking information related to specific projects
- Must be high energy, very detail-oriented, intuitive, a self-starter, diplomatic, have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- This person represents the senior leaders of the company and so must possess high levels of professionalism, discretion in handling confidential information, have demonstrated problem-solving and organizational experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to appropriately prioritize workload, as well as demonstrate flexibility and poise when responding to unanticipated events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. And strong G Suites acumen with emphasis on Google Calendar, Google Drive.
- Ability to make independent decisions on issues that impact the company and CEO
- Ability to create and develop clear, effective reports, presentations and communications for a wide variety of audiences
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401K plan, and a significant paid time‐off package.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume here (https://blackteachercollaborative.applytojob.com/apply/Huox2InrEV/Execut...).
Work from home based in Atlanta, Georgia
BTC is currently a nascent, geographically distributed team, which means the Executive Assistant will need to be comfortable working from home, able to travel as necessary (up to 10% travel), and willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.