Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Amherst Fund Coordinator position. The Amherst Fund Coordinator is a full-time, year-round position, starting at $21.50 - commensurate with experience.
Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Amherst Fund Coordinator supports fundraising projects, efforts, and events. The Coordinator provides administrative support for the Senior Director of the Amherst Fund and other members of the Amherst Fund team and manages departmental projects and initiatives including logistics for the volunteer leadership committees (i.e., the Amherst Fund Committee). The person in this position also supports the communications for the Amherst Fund, partnering closely with Advancement Communications colleagues, coordinating the calendar, and ensuring that solicitations and other materials are sent in a timely fashion and are accurate. At times, this position may be asked to act as back-up to the Receptionist.
The person in this role is expected to work as part of a collaborative and inclusive team including taking appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participating in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment. In addition, all advancement staff members are required to support and staff key events such as Reunion, Homecoming, and Family Weekend. These events may require occasional evening and weekend hours.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Runs queries, produces reports and organizes data.
- Manage/enter contacts/remarks/volunteer information into database
- Prepare mailing lists, email blasts and event notices/invitations.
- Provides support for a diverse set of Amherst Fund volunteers & donors- responding to questions/inquiries.
- Provides administrative support and prepares materials for the Senior Director of the Amherst Fund.
- Supports Giving Day and other fundraising initiatives.
Amherst Fund Communications
- Supports all aspects of program communications (direct mail, email, web, etc.).
- Drafts and edits internal and external communications.
- Collaborates with Amherst Fund staff to manage communications and schedules.
- Drafts responses to alumni questions and inquiries.
- Helps to organize and support the Amherst Fund Committee and the Executive Committee of the Society of the Alumni, the College's leadership volunteer committees.
- Manages event logistics and details for three meetings a year.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time-management, customer service, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and as a member of a team
- Some evening/weekend work during special events- including reunion and homecoming weekends.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word and Excel programs and ability to learn new software
- Commitment to or experience working with diverse communities
- Associate's or four-year degree
- Three or more years related experience
- Experience working with databases and reporting environments
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may apply).
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here for Benefits Information.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs. Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. (Current employees and students should apply by clicking on the Career icon from their Workday home screen) Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this link.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/j7LyR2UVXgwE7fRdxilmZo
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/j7LyR2UVXgwE7fRdxilmZo