The Portland Japanese Garden is renowned as the most authentic and finest Japanese garden outside of Japan. The Garden typically has a year-round staff of 95+ FTE’s and 30+ seasonal staff, supplemented by over 200 volunteers. All of our staff play a vital role in helping our visitors experience the beauty and tranquility of the garden and expand their understanding of Japanese culture.
A few of the benefits our employees enjoy include:
- Working at a beautiful, authentic Japanese garden, overlooking the city
- Incentives for alternative transportation for your commute to work
- A workplace culture that prioritizes hiring and promoting from within
- Access to the Garden for you, your family, and your friends
- The opportunity to attend a variety of cultural events
- Reciprocal access to other area attractions, such as the Lan Su Chinese Garden, Portland Art Museum, and the Oregon Zoo