The QPID Shelter Site Director provides oversight to overall operation and maintenance of the QPID site, along with staff support and Supervision.
The QPID Shelter (Quarantine, Protection, Isolation and Decompression) site is designed to serve individuals and families who are high risk of complications if they contract COVID-19 but may also be a Person Under Investigation (PUI) for COVID-19, have been exposed to COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID 19. The QPID site can also serve as a decompression site for shelters that have reached their reduced capacity as a result of practicing social distancing among shelter guests. This position is housed on site and will have limited in person contact performed while practicing social distancing. Necessary PPE is provided.
This is a full time temporary position created in response to the COVID-19 crisis; it is expected to continue through June 30, 2021.
• Oversees the daily activities and scheduling of the Residential Counselors and case management team.
• Responsible for the hiring of Shelter staff.
• Works to maintain supplies on site for staff and clients
• Assists Intake and Data Support Staff to ensure accurate information is logged daily
• Assesses and problem solves maintenance concerns. Contracts appropriate repairs as necessary.
• Responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate HMIS data entry for the QPID shelter Program.
• Ensures that accurate information is available at all times, meeting legal and organization requirements. Additionally, report updates and detail of relevant client information and data daily to County.
• Can carry a case load.
• Plans and coordinates with Client Support Manager.
• Work with County Liaison to prepare for new resident referrals
• Assists Sr. Director in managing the FACETS budget for program expenditures.
• Participates in program staff meetings and conferences to share ideas and plans; works cooperatively with staff to meet FACETS goals.
• Participates in and conducts in-service training for staff development. Actively supports FACETS’ mission oriented outcome evaluation and outcome management.
• Prepares proposals, reports, and statistics for submission to funding sources with the Sr. Director’s supervision.
• Represents FACETS in the community, in accordance with Agency Mission, Vision, and Code of Ethics.
• Establish and maintain an environment that promotes mutually respectful interaction between staff members, volunteers, partner organizations and residents.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Research, design, and recommend program development strategies that align with best practices.
• Ensure flow of critical information both internally and with community partners to guarantee timely, effective and high-quality service provision as they relate to intake, eligibility.
• Ensure that service delivery is of high quality and performed according to and within the FACETS policies and procedures, and contractual/licensing requirements.
• Ensure accuracy and completion of client data entry.
• Maintain current level of knowledge on program software Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and other required information as it relates to workflow.
• Participate in regular supervision with Sr. Director of Programs by providing regular updates.
Community Outreach/Resource Participation:
• Participate in Fairfax County HCD/Partners COVID-19 weekly call, and other assigned meetings and/or workgroups
• Develops and motivates others: (Motivates others and supports their development through strong coaching and mentoring.)
• External representation and collaboration: (Represents the organization among external stakeholders and communicates in a sophisticated way about the organization’s vision and work. Seeks innovative ways to collaborate.)
• Manages uncertainty (Identifies and manages risks. Demonstrates openness to change and new perspectives; can manage and adapt to ambiguity.)
• Manages with data (Understands data; analyzes data and identifies insights and implications.)
• Organization and systems thinking (Has a robust understanding of the community served and the landscape in which the organization operates, and actively applies that knowledge.)
• Personnel Management (Effectively manages and develops others.)
• Team-building (Builds strong relationships with teams and colleagues; fosters effective teams and collaborative interactions.)
• Actively interested in learning about new and evidence-based methods for improving operations
• Attentive to constraints of time and funds in setting stretch goals
• Respectful of staff, volunteers, funders and clients
• Forward thinker, considering not just today but what are the implications for tomorrow
• Collaborative leader, working with others individually and in teams.
• 3 years’ experience providing direct staff supervision focused on providing services to individuals/families experiencing homelessness who can present with co-occurring behavioral health or substance use disorders (SUDs)
• Knowledge of and ability to use best practice tools (Trauma Informed Care, Cultural Humility, Harm Reduction, Client Centered approach)
• Ability to prioritize competing priorities and make sound judgment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Goal oriented mindset
• Requires knowledge and belief in “Housing First” and “Rapid Re-Housing” philosophy and strategies.
• Knowledge or understanding of tenant’s rights and responsibilities as well as “strengths based” case management.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Valid Driver’s License
• Flexibility and willingness to work evenings and weekends
• Must be willing to wear a mask during working hours and report temperature and Covid-19 symptom status on a daily basis
• Candidate will be required to pass criminal background and Child Protective Services background checks
• Annual TB test is required.
• Proficiency in Spanish/Bi-Lingual
• Comfortable with and quickly adapts to change at a proficient level
• Able to lift items weighing 10-20 pounds.
• Able to drive 15 passenger van.
FACETS offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Please email cover letter and resume to Carole at [email protected]. No phone calls please.