The Senior Director of Programs is a key member of the executive management team and is forward-thinking in the direction and development of programs and program staff. In partnership with the CEO, the Senior Director is responsible to establish a strategic vision and guiding philosophy that will inform short- and long-term goals of programming, including growth opportunities.
The Senior Director oversees all Program functions and related directors/managers, including Preschool, K-12 after-school/year-round programs, College & Career Readiness/Support, Family & Community Engagement, and Volunteer Services; currently five departments/direct reports.
The Senior Director of Programs provides oversight of all KidWorks’ program design and delivery, ongoing evaluation and integration of stakeholder voice (i.e. youth and parents) to improve program effectiveness.
Leadership, Staff Management, and Organizational Strategy
- In coordination with CEO and executive team, play a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery, and management of the organization across multiple sites
- Provide mentoring, guidance, supervision, and professional development to all members of the Program Leadership Team (directors/managers)
- Keep abreast of best practices on effective youth development in the urban context (Pre-K to young adult) with the goal of enhancing, improving, and building KidWorks programs
- Oversee successful implementation of Franklin Covey’s ‘Leader In Me’ program practices and philosophy throughout all programs and the organization
- Staff the Board of Directors’ Program Committee and support Board development, including, but not limited to training in KidWorks program philosophy, cultural context, and effectively sharing the KidWorks story
- Represent KidWorks and CEO, on relevant committees and task forces, as well as at speaking engagements, community events, and trainings
- Work with Fund Development Department in funding efforts and comprehensive report development, including: a clear case for support, establishing specific opportunities for program support, and sharing the story of impact
- Work with Director of Finance and Operations in developing organization’s annual budget; consistently maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility
- Monitor emerging needs and opportunities among key stakeholders such as clients, local community, education, government, and philanthropy
- Collaborate with Director of Finance and Operations to comply with all federal, state, and county regulations related to student safety, emergency response protocols, and health regulations
Program Oversight and Evaluation
- Responsible for overall Program design, implementation, evaluation, and improvement; supporting KidWorks commitment to walk with students and families from Pre-K to B.A.
- Develop/update Program logic model and a related theory of change, including outcome metrics and effectively reporting impact
- Ensure programs are aligned with KidWorks’ mission, vision, values and program success strategies (personal development, college & career readiness, leadership development) and are informed by current, innovative, and best practices in youth development and empowerment
- As part of KidWorks long-term vision, aid in developing a unique KidWorks youth leadership development continuum to support a broad-based youth leadership impact in Santa Ana
- Establish annual program, departmental and staff goals and objectives and track results against these goals as well as accountability protocols; monitor progress on a weekly/monthly and quarterly basis
- Strengthen and develop new performance and outcome measures to track and increase Program effectiveness, in areas including: outreach and recruitment, attendance, retention, college enrollment and graduation, alumni internship/career placement, community leadership and impact
- Analyze and assess programs based on quantitative and qualitative data and implement improvement measures as required
- Create systems and process improvement for efficiencies throughout the organization, including program delivery, evaluation, organizational communication (internal/external), and future growth opportunities
- Passion for KidWorks' mission and ability to articulate this passion to others
- Two or more years in an equivalent or related management position
- Expertise in one or more of the following service areas: education, youth development, college readiness, or youth leadership development and community organizing
- Demonstrated experience managing high-performing teams in a multi-site structure
- Working knowledge of program planning (logic models), organizational structure, budgeting, administrative operations, and fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complete data for planning and reporting purposes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to communicate across a range of stakeholders
- Strong cultural awareness and competency
- Working knowledge of Asset Based Community Development, Social Emotional Learning, and the 40 Developmental Assets, a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusiveness, equity, and empowerment
- Valid drivers’ license and a reliable, insured vehicle for travel
- Covid-19 completed vaccination required
Salary commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision), paid group life insurance, 401(k) plan w/employer match, vacation, sick, and holiday pay
To apply for this position, please send an email to [email protected], including a resume and cover letter; both attachments must be received. Please write “Senior Director of Programs” in the subject line. Please forward electronic submissions only. No phone calls. Only principal, qualified candidates will receive a response. KidWorks is an equal opportunity employer.
Covid-19 completed vaccination required