Finance Associate/Finance Manager (Tax)
The Finance Associate/Finance Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Finance and will be responsible for supporting the full tax cycle, with an emphasis on tax, investments, and other technically complex areas.
160 Fifth Avenue
The Simons Foundation is seeking a Finance Associate/Finance Manager (dependent upon experience) to join the accounting and reporting team. The Finance Associate/Finance Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Finance and will be responsible for supporting the full tax cycle, with an emphasis on tax, investments, and other technically complex areas.
- Respond to external reporting needs inclusive of tax, regulatory filings and surveys.
- Coordinate all aspects of the tax cycle, including provisions, estimates, extensions, returns and reporting, as well as planning. Provide requested items to external tax preparers and coordinate the status of open items.
- Responsible for recording, tracking and analyzing investment activity for tax and GAAP reporting.
- Maintain tax- and compliance-specific records, including disqualified persons and self-dealing, minimum distributions, excess business holdings, jeopardizing investments and taxable expenditures.
- Monitor and support the foundation's activities for compliance issues and escalate to management or external tax accountants as appropriate.
- Maintain and analyze tax-specific accounts used to track unrelated business taxable income, grant disbursements subject to expenditure responsibility requirements and other similar accounts required for regulatory reporting.
- Remain current on US GAAP, IRS regulations and other regulatory developments impacting private foundations.
- Research technical accounting and tax issues and draft accounting memos to document complex matters/decisions. Coordinate with management, external auditors and tax accountants where appropriate.
- Support ongoing efforts to improve processes and automate manual tasks. Propose strategies to make operations more efficient.
- Take on any additional responsibilities or special projects as needed.
- A minimum of three to six years of relevant tax and accounting experience is required; two years specializing in exempt organizations, either in public accounting or in industry.
- Experience in private foundations and familiarity with Chapter 42 excise taxes is preferred.
- Must have technical and computational accounting skills as well as a strong understanding of US GAAP, IRS regulations with respect to exempt organizations and applicable industry standards.
- Experience in private foundations and familiarity with Chapter 42 excise taxes.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative and critical-thinking skills and the ability to prioritize workload to deliver high-quality results on time
- Adaptive to a dynamic, rapidly growing work environment
- Strong team player while also having ability to manage work independently
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a rsum and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- The full-time annual compensation range for Finance Associate level is $74,000- $92,000, depending on experience.
- The full-time annual compensation range for the Finance Manager level is $93,000 - $125,000, depending on experience.
- In addition to competitive salaries, the Simons Foundation provides employees with an outstanding benefits package.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/GKyXQrf4ER28OIpYAIZjeX