Exceptional Lives is a not-for-profit organization that helps parents and caregivers get the information they need to help family members with disabilities. Figuring out how to find services or navigate complicated processes when you’re stressed, new to the situation, or entering a new phase of your child’s life can be overwhelming. We write our online guides, blogs, and resource directory in language that parents can understand and organize the information so they can find what’s applicable to their situations. We’re based out of Boston, Massachusetts and create content for families throughout the United States. Our team is passionate about helping families and you can learn more about us https://exceptionallives.org.
We’re looking for a Senior Web Developer and Strategist (SWDS) who can guide our technical strategy working directly with the COO. Applicants should have a passion for our mission and be prepared to put themselves in the shoes of a family in this situation. The SWDS also needs to be able to work hands-on with our technology which includes a website, knowledge base, chat tooling, analytics, and business intelligence tooling. The SWDS will need to hire and manage a junior developer and potentially lead and manage contractors. Experience leading a team and in project management are beneficial.
This position is located in Boston, Massachusetts. Although we do offer the ability for seasoned employees in good standing to work remotely certain days of the week, all Massachusetts employees must be able to commute regularly to our office.
● Marketing technologies to perform A/B testing, analyze traffic, automate user flows, etc
● Experience consolidating analytics data from multiple sources (website, knowledge base, support, etc) and displaying it for management
● Experience managing large sets of content online in support or documentation scenarios
● An understanding of Google Adwords and SEO
● Experience leading a technical team
● WordPress, Squarespace, Zendesk experience preferred
● An understanding of accessibility and the related compliance
$80,000 - $100,000
Salary is based upon experience
Exceptional Lives values the contributions of its team members and reflects such in its culture.
We offer health insurance and three weeks of paid vacation.
· Must be a US resident or hold a permanent green card.
· Speak fluent English
· Willing to undergo a background check
· All new employees are hired for a 90 day trial period. Permanent employment will be offered at the end of this time provided that both you and Exceptional Lives determine that the trail period was a success.
Benefits and Anything Else Worth Mentioning
Exceptional Lives values the contributions of its team members and reflects such in its culture. Exceptional Lives offers health insurance and three weeks of paid vacation.
Exceptional Lives is committed to providing equal opportunities and to non-discrimination. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity, ancestry, marital status, citizenship status, or veteran status.