Civicorps is looking for a consultant to serve as our Youth Recruitment Manager to coordinate and oversee the development of marketing and recruitment strategies which grow enrollment at Civicorps Academy. Major responsibilities of the Youth Recruitment Manager include: developing messaging for potential students; arranging meetings with strategic partners; and reaching our audience through a mix of in-person outreach, relationship building, and digital marketing. This position will create a roadmap for outreach and implement systems and strategies for ongoing recruitment activities in partnership with Civicorps staff.
Marketing & Recruitment:
- Work with staff to identify young adults who are best served through Civicorps program model.
- Develop and implement:
- A creative and tactical recruitment strategy, which includes both in-person recruitment and recruitment through referral sources by strengthening and expanding relationships.
- Messaging to potential students through print and digital marketing.
- Strategies to sustain enrollment throughout the Civicorps Academy orientation to the first day of instruction.
- Work towards diversification of our client base, reaching out to prospective participants that are not currently part of the Civicorps community and whom Civicorps is poised to serve (e.g. undocumented and/or intermediate English Language Learners)
- Establish process to maintain relationships with businesses, community agencies, and schools that interact with prospective participants to cultivate referrals to our program.
- Work closely with Youth Outreach Specialist to support efforts on the ground while understanding current systems and challenges.
- Direct identified staff toward targeted partner engagement and outreach activities.
- Ensure messaging is clear and staff are unified in how material is used.
- Maintain accurate and organized documentation including status reports and activity logs.
- Make presentations and provide advice to appropriate Civicorps staff on status of recruitment and marketing initiatives.
- Provide recruitment counsel and guidance to Civicorps staff.
- Create a customized recruitment strategy for various demographics of young people served, various communities, and various organizational types that can be built upon and followed by Civicorps staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience in marketing and recruitment – creating and executing plans that include both in-person and digital marketing strategies
- Ability to work with wide variety of people and communities, and young adults in particular
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus
- Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Deep understanding and experience working with youth service, education, and/or community based organizations in Alameda and Contra Costa County
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills including the ability to represent Civicorps effectively to outside organizations and individuals
- Ability to thrive in and contribute to an integrated and collaborative team environment
- Ability to function autonomously as well as in a team
- Strong grasp of Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and other digital marketing techniques
- Computer literate with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Compensation: $40/hr – 9 month consultancy position
HIRING PROCESS: Please provide a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Application materials that do not reference this specific position will not be considered. No Phone Calls Please.