As a small but growing organization, Global Heritage Fund aims to be as efficient and effective with the resources we have. In fundraising, that means inviting people to invest in the changes we are creating and sharing the story of our impact. With the Executive Director as the lead fundraiser for the organization, we are looking to bring in a Rockstar writer and process manager to orchestrate the overall fundraising process, produce the bulk of our written fundraising materials, and support our organization’s communications work. The position requires a systems and innovative thinker, who is proactive and can work independently.
Fundraising Process Management & Support
Owns and manages the fundraising process (including but not limited to):
Donors & Prospects
- Oversees the process(es) and tools of managing donor prospects and monitors the progress towards achieving fundraising goals.
- Performs research on prospective major donors’ personal backgrounds, contact information, career history and giving capacity.
- Compiles research into polished reports for the Executive Director.
- Maintains and updates donor database and establish related systems and processes.
- Works in close collaboration with Global Heritage Fund’s Communication Manager.
- Transforms impact data into written stories that can be effectively used in development materials – grant proposals and fundraising appeals.
- Crafts talking points from development materials for speeches, thought leadership, social media and other activities.
- Helps strategize how best to use online platforms for fundraising purposes and provides fundraising materials for posting to a variety of online platforms.
- Executes crowdfunding campaigns using the Classy platform.
- Manages reporting and acknowledgement for all gifts obtained through crowdfunding.
- Prepares and submits Letters of Intent and applications for foundation grants for specific project sites and general support.
- Oversees grants management and reporting.
Event Project Management
- Maintains calendar of GHF Events.
- Tracks, schedules, and manages all GHF events, including production and scheduling of invites, collateral, and caterer.
- Assists with memorable experiences/special events as needed.
Miscellaneous Development Tasks
- Maintains organizational inboxes/email accounts.
- Handles ad hoc projects
- A minimum of five years working in fundraising with experience with development systems, including knowledge of fundraising software.
- Superior written communications skills.
- Knowledge of a second language a plus.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a passion for people and cultural heritage, whether through direct experience or knowledge of the numerous challenges that threaten cultural heritage around the world. Shares in the belief that a strong sense of cultural identity is one of the greatest catalysts to achieving social empowerment.
- Is a highly strategic organizational whiz – Knows how to create/manage systems, processes and tools. Has familiarity with data sets, modern technology tools and donor databases which will enable the organization to quickly grow and scale.
- Understands how to keep people focused - Has strong people and project management skills. In particular, this person is a fundraising “air traffic controller” who knows how to excel managing upward by understanding the universe in which their boss operates and by knowing how to keep moving towards results.
- Knows how to transform a fundraising case into a compelling ask –This is a person who is curious about the “why” and about the impact of the work, who wants to understand all the aspects that contribute to success, who can find and write the stories that need to be told, and can compile these stories into a compelling ask and/or fundraising proposal.
- Believes that team work makes the dream work – We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals and further our mission. This person understands that individual success is linked with our collective success.
Compensation commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, 403(b), commuter, accrued paid vacation, sick leave and paid holidays.
Global Heritage Fund is committed to working globally and addressing inequities. In line with this global lens, it is our policy to actively seek a diverse pool of candidates, from a variety of backgrounds, who are committed to the mission and vision of the Global Heritage Fund.