The Director of Development will have a successful track record of securing five and six figure gifts, as well as building and growing successful organizations. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial in spirit and a successful collaborator among stakeholders. S/he will be accustomed to working with deadlines and comfortable in dealing with the day-to-day budget building and financial tasks, while exhibiting leadership and flexibility in meeting the challenges of a growing organization.
For this critical role, ELEM seeks a strong, dynamic nonprofit Development Director who is capable of clearly articulating the convincing case for ELEM and raising significant funds to further the organization’s mission in Israel. The new Director will be a persuasive communicator and an excellent team builder with volunteer leaders. S/he must be committed to the mission and goals of ELEM.
The responsibilities of the Development Director are as follows:
· Organize, supervise and conduct all activities to raise budgeted amount for ELEM Israel on an annual basis and funds needed to conduct business in the New York office.
· Create, with board leaders and Admin, the overall strategic direction for fundraising activities, including direct mail and activities such as cultivation and fundraising events.
· Establish a strategic annual calendar of appeals and events.
· Research new major gifts. Cultivate major donors and build relationships.
· Conduct face-to-face solicitation.
· Research potential new fundraising opportunities to reach donors of various demographics/ages.
· Develop outreach programs that engage and excite the community, entice new donors and encourage current donors into higher levels of support for the organization and its programs and events.
· Identify and cultivate new board members; cultivate relationships and steward.
· Craft ongoing communications between ELEM and donors, including letters, phone calls and event-specific follow-up.
· Proficiency in donor software, like Donor Perfect, to ensure proper tracking and follow-up.
· Establish recognition for donors, volunteers and other members of ELEM for their efforts.
· Develop planned gift offering.
· Attend/lead board and selected committee meetings.
We seek the following in a Development Director:
· A successful track record in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major donors.
· Experience in planning and executing fundraising campaigns for various target groups.
· An innovative leader with experience in growing organizations and demonstrable achievements in personal fundraising and board development.
· A proactive, energetic, creative professional.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
· Strong leadership skills, with a philosophy and style that encourages creativity, growth, collaboration, problem solving, open communication and accountability.
· Experience with working with and motivating a board of directors.