The ideal candidate for the SVP, Finance role is an experienced, highly qualified financial leader who is ready for a stimulating and unique challenge. The SVP of Finance will lead a finance team as well as participate as a corporate senior team member as well as create strategies aligning financial policies and procedures with company objectives.
• Lead and scale core accounting functions: financial planning and analysis, cash management, credit and collections, and budget/annual planning.
• Lead the Finance department in being a business partner, supporting key decisions by producing financial models and making substantive recommendations.
• Act as a thought partner to the CFO, Executive Committee and the SVP, providing valuable strategic and financial analysis and insights.
• Responsible for the timely, accurate, and insightful financial reporting and analysis of financial information to key stakeholders. Influences senior leadership on decisions utilizing financial insights and modeling.
• Oversee the Finance department and its work to maintain organizational financial health, including leading the annual planning and budgeting process, directing audit and tax activities, managing grants, and promotion of strong internal controls and safeguards.
• Direct financial reporting, record keeping and accounting activities.
• Responsible for budget preparation, and asset/liability management.
• Manage the financial forecasting process; ensure adequate cash flow and capital requirements
• Implement proper metrics for measuring the financial and operating performance of the company and integrate the financial methodology of each of the programs and revenue sources
• Oversee staff production of monthly financial statements, accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Participate in and oversee the preparation of annual tax documents with organization’s accounting firms
• Manage the accounting staff and workflow
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Understands the current and new accounting guidance and principles as well as how it will impact the business
• Possesses a strong business acumen and judgment, and current knowledge of the company’s markets/products and industry trends. Able to think strategically about business issues.
• Over 10 years’ experience in a senior level finance or accounting position
• Experience leading a highly effective finance and accounting organization with specific responsibility for driving the organization's fiscal performance
• Experience in development, implementation and management of Corporate Strategy and Budget in a small-medium company growth period
• Ability to provide leadership and coordination of financial functions and their applications toward larger corporate strategy
All full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Eleven Annual Holidays
- 401 K and employer matching pension contribution
- Transportation benefits
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, and a cover letter that details your interest in the position, to http://firstbook.force.com/careers. If you need assistance applying please reach out to Ashley Jones, 202-499-5935
** First Book is temporarily working remotely until at least December 31, 2020 due to Covid-19.