East Side Freedom Library Request for Proposals
The East Side Freedom Library (ESFL) invites you to submit a proposal for contracted bookkeeping and accounting services. We anticipate a 12-month engagement (depending on performance) with option to renew.
ESFL organized as a non-profit in 2013 and, in June 2014, assumed, via a 15 year lease, site control of the former Arlington Hills Public Library. Its mission is to “inspire solidarity, advocate for justice and work toward equity for all.”
ESFL has raised the funds and successfully replaced the roof and the entire HVAC system. In our first seven years, ESFL has collected and catalogued more than 26,000 books focused in labor, immigration, and social justice movement history, and has initiated more than 500 programs and events, with over 14,000 people attending. ESFL has built a partnership with the Hmong Archives, which is an independent 501(c)3. To support our work, ESFL relies on grants from foundations and government, and donations from unions and individuals.
The ESFL has been growing and is looking at current and future accounting needs. Duties include:
- Logging into online bank accounts, assigning income and expenses into financial management software (currently Quickbooks Online).
- Coordinating with staff on allocating revenue to categories, including individual donors, grant revenue, campaign-specific donations (such as revenue from labor unions) and earned revenue such as interest income.
- Allocating shared costs (staff, facilities) across program areas according to the budget adopted by the board.
- Preparing the annual 990 filing for the Board Finance Committee’s review, and eventual review and approval by the board.
- Assisting with future growth of the organization, including the possible creation and maintenance of a separate capital improvements budget, depreciation of current leasehold improvements and possible acquisition of our building.
- Periodic meetings with the Board Treasurer/Finance Committee should there be questions about reports.
Pay range is based on contractor rates.
Does your firm/do you believe that you can meet East Side Freedom Library’s accounting needs? If so, please respond with your/your firm’s marketing information. ESFL is especially interested in hearing from BIPOC accountants.
Contact/Send Proposals To: Peter Rachleff, Co Executive Director
Subject Line: Accounting Proposal
Due Date & Time: October 11, 2021 midnight