This is an exciting time at NetHope as the organization develops programs and services in collaboration with members and partners. NetHope is a growing organization and receives funding support from foundations, corporations, and USAID. Working with the Senior Director of Finance and Operations along with the external accounting team, the Manager ensures compliance with GAAP and USAID funding regulations. The Manager will work across the NetHope team to develop program budgets, monitor program expenses, and prepare monthly financial reports.
NetHope is seeking an experienced, organized, and enthusiastic professional to assist the Senior Director with overall organization budgeting and financial management. The Manager will work collaboratively with program leaders and SLT members to provide financial management for contracts and grants and create budgets for new collaborative opportunities. The Manager will be responsible for accurate allocation of funds and expense tracking.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the assurance that financial operations are in accordance with organization, donor, and GAAP regulations
- Manage the financial reporting and requirements for USAID funded programs
- Monitor expenditures against budget and work closely with program leads and budget owners to ensure expenditures are in line with available funding
- Prepare invoices and monitor receivables to ensure timely payment
- Manage the invoice review and approval process to ensure proper classification of expenses
- Perform daily reviews and analysis of project financial data from QuickBooks to ensure accuracy of expense and revenue allocations. If needed, work with external accountant to ensure corrections are accurately and expeditiously processed.
- Maintain the chart of accounts in QuickBooks, timesheet system, and the invoice processing system and inform the accounting team of changes
- Monitor the restricted net assets and the monthly release of funds
- Prepare monthly reports for senior leadership and program leads
- Support Sr. Director in creating financial report and forecast for the Board
- Assist in the preparation for and the management of the annual audit
- Submit invoices through donor/corporate payment portals as needed
- A passion for NetHope’s mission and for working collaboratively and nimbly in a fast-paced dynamic global environment
- Cultural sensitivity across all aspects of work
- Values and encourages diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives
- Solid judgement including handling of sensitive information
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
- Excellent at working in a networked & virtual team environment
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to detail
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with USAID grant financial management and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of non-profit financial reporting and requirements
- Success in effectively working with team members across the organization
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Education and Experience
- Experience managing finances and reporting for USAID contacts and/or cooperative agreements required
- Minimum 8 years experience in a nonprofit finance position
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- CPA preferred
- Experience using QuickBooks preferred
- NGO experience a plus
Reporting and Working Conditions:
This position is a full-time position that reports to the Senior Director of Finance and Operations and works closely with the external accounting team and internal program leads.
NetHope is a virtual organization, so our team, our Members, and our Partners are located around the world. Due to the global nature of the organization, meetings may thus be required at any time of the day to meet with our stakeholders in varying time zones. To meet these needs, NetHope embraces flexible schedules for team members, and we work with each other to be located globally, but still maintain a reasonable work time balance.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants with diverse backgrounds from various locations, and who may have non-traditional work patterns.
NetHope is a networked team-oriented environment with staff working across functional areas to produce high-quality programs, services, and connections with our Members. We value open communication and believe that a staff working as a team produces the best outcomes.
This position is 100% remote and virtual. International or domestic travel may be required for one to two NetHope events annually.
Should this opportunity interest you, please submit your application by following the portal link shared below. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email submission.
NetHope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.