Grant Acquisition & Portfolio Management:
- Relationship management of multi-lateral donors, strategic planning and portfolio management of approximately $184 million USD Global Fund grants portfolio. Manages risk, increases donor satisfaction and builds capacity and interest with Field Offices to successfully grow and win identified WV health grant opportunities.
- Supervises technical specialists for WVI Health and Nutrition programme quality, innovation, multilateral grant resource acquisition and portfolio management. Helps ensure that sector strategy is aligned to WVI strategy and informed by internal and external best practice, and that quality of programming is consistent and high. Advises the Global Sector Leader broadly on sector business functions.
- Directs a multi-year resource development strategy and business process for multilateral health grants acquisition and management that aligns with WV Partnership Strategy and policy, and with donor, coordinating across multiple entities of the World Vision Partnership.
- In collaboration with the Global Sector Lead for Health and Nutrition, ensure that the (1) latest Health & Nutrition Sector Approach and 2) Global Fund portfolio business plans are fully reflective of internal and external strategic priority.
- Advise the H&N GSL (Partnership Leader) broadly on strategic and operational direction of the health and nutrition team.
- Provide oversight, supervision and coaching for the Global Fund Coordinator and GC Senior Advisor for Quality and Innovation.
Quality and Innovation:
- Provides leadership for the sector in improved organizational culture of programmatic quality improvement and innovation in the Health and Nutrition sector.
- Ensures WV’s technical resources and standards in Health, Nutrition align with and/or exceed industry norms.
- Ensures that iterative programme design and implementation learning is conducted across prioritized programmes.
- Ensures the regular and systematic identification, documentation and dissemination of evidence-based programme innovations from the scientific literature, WV’s sector programme portfolio, and other INGO’s and partners’ reports, especially those that are scalable in the WV context.
- Identifies and provides resources to assist implementation of new, revised/improved mechanisms for monitoring, assuring and improving program quality.
Global Fund Grant Acquisition and Portfolio Management:
- Provides leadership in the donor engagement and portfolio management, with the Global Fund with portfolio value of $184 million USD.
- Lead regular review, update and implementation of the Global Fund grant portfolio operational plan, business process and WVI Partnership policies for the Global Fund.
- Provide regular technical assistance (acquisition, Legal, compliance, risk management) to WVI Partnership entities (SOs and NOs) on Global Fund strategy, policies, and grant acquisition and management processes.
- Ensure broad capacity building, knowledge sharing and learning across the Global Fund and other multilateral grants portfolio for continual quality improvement.
- Provide direction, oversight and WVI Partnership coordination for performance monitoring, quality assurance, knowledge management, and reporting of the Global Fund grant portfolio.
- With Evidence and Learning, ensure increased analysis and reporting (monitoring, evaluations, case studies) of evidence of WV contribution to global health SDG through the grants portfolio.
WVI Health Grant Portfolio External Representation:
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with major donor representatives and institutions.
- Represents WVI’s interests to multilateral donors such as the Global Fund, WHO, and World Bank.
Stewardship and Administration:
- Maintain a global view of revenue streams to support Health and Nutrition programming and opportunity. Measure extent to which resourcing opportunities meet ministry needs and impact child wellbeing.
- Support the Global Sector Lead and Senior Director of Health and Nutrition on budget planning and monitoring for Health and Resource Development cost centers.
- 15 years of experience in operational programming for health, nutrition, and related sectors.
- Strong knowledge and experience (10 years) in public health including maternal, child and adolescent health and infectious disease (HIV, TB, malaria).
- Significant experience supervising people and leading high performing teams.
- Strong experience in external engagement and grant acquisition with major institutions and donors in health and nutrition, (experience with the Global Fund, preferred).
- Significant experience in grant acquisition and management including proposal preparation, donor and partner negotiations, programme design, budgeting, implementation planning, monitoring, audit, start-up and close-out.
- Familiar with major institutional donors, their regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to develop and implement strategy, supervise and develop staff and direct and influence diverse stakeholders in goal achievement.
- Excellent networking skills and experience with established networks in the public health, relief and development communities.
- Some experience with evaluation and research in public health (e.g., MNCAH, TB, HIV, malaria).
- Strong verbal and representational skills with particular facility in interacting with UN offices, high-level governmental institutional representatives and professionals in global health.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Fluency in French or Spanish preferred.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 35% of the time.