GreenLight Fund seeks an energetic, organized, and detail-oriented Gift Coordinator to join our External Affairs team. The Gift Coordinator is responsible for the efficient updating of donor records and accurate processing of gifts, timely acknowledgments and receipts, and filing and generating reports. The External Affairs team is led by the Vice President, External Affairs. The Gift Coordinator will report to the Manager, National and Expansion Development and will work collaboratively across the External Affairs team, Finance and Operations team and the broader GreenLight Fund network.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with the GreenLight site teams and Finance and Operations team to maintain an accurate tracking system for gifts. The Gift Coordinator will own gift processing across the organization including:
- Create and update contacts in Salesforce for new donors and gifts.
- Generate, send and track invoices for pledged gifts.
- Process gifts received by check, wire, stock or online donation.
- Track gift receipts in Salesforce.
- Accurately code gifts in Sage Intacct accounting system.
- Generate and send acknowledgement letters and tax receipt language and ensure strong communication with each local GreenLight team.
- Generate regular (automated) reports to communicate across GreenLight organization.
- Find efficiencies and automations across the gift processing sequence and prioritize strong communication with GreenLight site teams and national departments.
National External Affairs Team
- Collaborate with External Affairs staff by informing the ongoing refinement and continuous improvement of the external affairs resource library by maintaining active feedback loops between sites and the external affairs team.
- Participate in cross-functional work groups and collaborate on special projects that advance key organizational priorities.
- Provide occasional coverage for the site support manager, as needed, especially when special projects arise.
- Support special projects to improve the effectiveness of fundraising and donor relations.
- A minimum of 2 years of data entry experience.
- A deep commitment to removing barriers to inclusive prosperity so individuals and families can thrive.
- Command of all Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong orientation towards data and efficient systems, with ability to communicate their value to others.
- Willingness to quickly learn and analyze new information.
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and perform multiple duties with minimal supervision, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Applicant must be able to prepare letters, reports, and assume responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of all materials.
- Ability to learn new applications and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience operationalizing Salesforce within a development environment.
- Experience working in a national, multi-site organization.
Candidates must be in the Greater Boston area. GreenLight is currently working remotely in response to the COVID-19 crisis and will transition to a hybrid work structure. We will continue to monitor the situation and make updates accordingly.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $55,000, commensurate with skills and experience.
GreenLight offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO and parental leave, as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, FSA, EAP, remote work assistance, health and wellness stipend, and professional development stipend.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter via our website at www.greenlightfund.org/careers, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position.
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]