The Innovation Introduction (I2) team is a newly formed functional team within Global Health that drives product launch and commercialization plans and activities in close partnership with the Program Strategy Teams (PST) and Global Development Programs ( GDP). Our work is organized in alignment with the PSTs, in that there is a Product Introduction lead each for HIV & TB, Maternal Newborn Child Health (MNCH) & Famliy Planning (FP), Malaria & Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD), and Devices & Diagnostics.
As we ramp up our team and work across Global Health, we are looking for a full time Program Manager to support the entire I2 team. This individual will report to the Deputy Director of Strategy Planning & Management (DDSPM).
- Ensure operations management and efficiency for the I2 team’s portfolio and programs
- Alongside DDSPM, lead coordination of Annual Planning & Strategy Review deliverable development including establishing a streamlined process, overseeing all deliverable development, quality control and final submission.
- Manage team operations and rhythm of the business: own all team-level meeting planning and preparation, may manage initiative-level meetings, own business team meeting, effective and impactful team retreats.
- Facilitate process improvement efforts in support of staff productivity. Promote efficiency and productivity on the team by providing leadership and support in process development and improvement, implementation and improvement of tools, analysis, reporting and change management. Thought partner on workload balancing to optimize team resources.
- Manage team communication materials: internal and external team portals, leadership communication, co-chair learning session support etc.
- Provide DDSPM and I2 leadership team with critical, transparent, challenging thought partnership.
- Provides people management and coaching to Seattle-based Program Assistant (PA) on the team.
- Represent I2 in division and foundation forums, acts as proxy for DDSPM where needed.
Financial Process Management
- Lead I2 team to develop and oversee all investment and financial processes including: Investment making and management processes & implementation (i.e. INVEST), budget management and financial forecasting.
- Monitor grant and contract pipeline to produce accurate revised forecasts vs. budget reporting and performance against key milestones and outcomes to facilitate management decision-making.
- Consult/strategize with program leadership to maximize impact of investment and financial processes and ensure optimal learning, decision making, and collaboration.
- Proven program and stakeholder management skills: successful track record of leading or managing multiple projects simultaneously, ability to coordinate inputs from many people, track progress against targets and identify barriers to progress, plan agendas, and facilitate meetings that involve group problem-solving
- Financial acumen plus budget development, financial analysis and operational management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to structure analyses and support strategic initiatives and investment evaluations
- Ability to effectively alternate between thinking strategically and executing at high quality; tolerance for ambiguity and ability to apply structure to simplify complex problems
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on assignments, self-starter
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communications skills; ability to effectively calibrate input and synthesize information to connect with diverse audiences
- Ability to effectively work with different styles and within different team cultures, ability to balance efficiency with flexibility
- Professional experience with progressive responsibility in program or project management role
- Grace under fire, sense of humor, happy to take and give feedback