Responsible for carrying out all maintenance related work, including property improvements, work orders and emergency maintenance needs.
The Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA is a top-rated ‘4-star’ Charity Navigator and Guidestar ‘Gold’ rated non-profit charitable organization for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Join a cause-driven association with a focus on nurturing the potential of every child and teen, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support our neighbors. Learn more about the Tampa YMCA at www.tampaymca.org.
- Work with the Facilities Cabinet and Center Executive Directors to set a clear vision plan when it comes to property maintenance of their assigned centers.
- Works with vendors to make sure all tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensures timely response to general maintenance requests and emergency orders (within service level agreement timelines).
- Key contact for assisting members with locker room issues.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of all company-owned tools, equipment and facilities.
- Conduct self-assessments of assigned center(s) building cleanliness and provide plans to address issues identified.
- Hires, develops, motivates and retains a committed team passionate about the YMCA’s mission and service to members.
- Holds regular one-on-one meetings with staff members to learn about, gauge satisfaction, and provide career development coaching/training.
- Completes all job related, supervisory and other trainings as required.
Safety and Risk Management:
- Ensures team adherence to all YMCA policies and procedures regarding the safety, health and welfare of members, program participants, guests and staff
- Responsible for the security of all company-owned tools, equipment, vehicles, building, inventory and security of the buildings
- Concerned with safety, both as it relates to members and staff.
- The Tampa Y is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Two to four-year degree preferred
- Required 3-5 years’ relative maintenance experience
- Preferred but not required: trade-specific trainings in landscaping, basic maintenance, plumbing and carpentry
- Must possess the knowledge and understanding in how to keep a facility maintained
- Interprets and promotes all aspects and programs of the center
- Must perform minor plumbing duties, faucet repair, shower valves, toilets, etc.
- Ability to repair drywall and paint
- Must perform minor electrical repairs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Act as a team player and leader of team
- Experience with budgeting
- Experience with vendor relationships
The Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA provides a progressive work environment with great benefits and a competitive salary; 12% employer-funded, fully vested retirement plan after two years of services; 403(b) savings plan; excellent, yet affordable health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; complimentary YMCA family membership with program discounts; generous paid time off package with a minimum of 27 days; and the ability to work with innovative, talented and diverse individuals driven by a 'best in class' philosophy with ongoing professional development opportunities. Florida, also known as the Sunshine State, has no state income tax!