Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price. ReStores are independently owned and operated by local Habitat for Humanity Affiliates. Proceeds are used to help build strength, stability, self-reliance and shelter in local communities and around the world.
As a ReStore Warehouse Associate you will works as a team with store management, Customer Service Associates and Drivers to facilitate the completion of all store level tasks. You will perform a variety of tasks related to different departments of ReStore including Home Decor Merchandising, Furniture, Building Materials, Storage Warehouse and other store-related areas and functions.
This position requires lifting and moving large appliances, furniture, boxes, pallets and other goods from donor locations into the store and moving them around the store.
- Unload donated items received via trailers, box trucks and non-commercial donors.
- Put together donated furniture and other donated items that need to be constructed prior to going on the sales floor.
- Use dollies, forklift (if certified), hand trucks, pallet jacks to move donated and priced merchandise out to the sales floor.
- Merchandise goods on the sales floor. This includes putting up signage. Creating signage if necessary.
- Greet customers and provide an enjoyable shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Routine inventory counts on all goods in the Warehouse.
- Assess donations and price them based on ReStore’s standardized pricing system guidelines.
- Create tags, print tags, laminate tags and restock tags as necessary.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers.
- Complete daily organizational/cleaning task list
- Cleaning out donation processing area and donation warehouse on a daily basis.
- Assist Customers on the sales floor with product questions and purchases.
- Perform the following physical behaviors continuously throughout their shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally, reaching above the shoulder, grasping firmly and pushing buttons.
- Complete indoor housekeeping functions including cleaning, dusting, mopping and emptying trash in all areas of the store. Work with a variety of cleaning supplies and chemicals. Some functions will require the use of a ladder
- Use Personal Protective Equipment where necessary.
- Follow all safety standards and regulations as per Employee Handbook.
- Adhere to all Policies in the Habitat for Humanity of BC>P Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to complete other duties as assigned by ReStore Management.
- Warehouse and/or retail experience.
- Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment.
- Ability to lift at minimum, 25 lbs.
- Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, lifting and reaching.
- Forklift Certification is a plus. (Not required.) We will supply forklift certification opportunities.
- Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer