Keren Or, Inc.'s New York office, under the leadership of the Executive Director, and the guidance of the Board of Directors, is tasked with supporting the Keren Or Center in Jerusalem.
An Assistant to the Executive Director must perform various vital functions to allow the New York office to properly function and fulfill its mission. These include:
1) Office management and basic support of Executive Director.
2) Donation processing and donor relations. Reports and Analyses. Prospect research.
3) Public Relations and correspondence.
4) Event planning and execution.
5) Assisting Keren Or in various capacities.
1) Office management:
- Maintenance of supplies and equipment - interfacing with vendors.
- Dealing with building management when called for.
- Troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Overseeing interns and volunteers.
- Answering and screening phone calls, assisting callers whenever possible.
- Keeping the office presentable and orderly.
- Maintaining office calendar.
2) Donation processing and donor relations
- Assisting in creating mass mailing campaigns.
- Working with DonorPerfect with data input.
- Generating reports and Excel spreadsheets and assisting in analyzing them.
- Interfacing and assisting donors and prospective donors.
- Dealing with Women's Division leadership, members and events.
- Thank you letters and receipts.
- Doing research for grants, foundations, planned giving and individual prospects.
3) Correspondence and Public Relations.
- Group emails for general information and publicity, event announcements.
- Assisting in creating public relations materials: brochures, newsletters, targeted emails,
- Rosh Hashana and Purim cards
- Constant Contact for mass emails,
- Personal letters to donors.
- Creating and mailing or emailing in honor and memory cards.
- Preparing for board meetings - including venue, correspondence, attendance.
4) Event Planning and Execution
- Assisting in planning events.
- Mailings and email invitations.
- Guest list and donation tracking.
- Seating and place cards.
- Preparing materials for event.
- Attending event, registration, payments, socializing and assisting guests.
- Follow-up analysis and collection of pledges.
5) Miscellaneous Assistance to Executive Director, staff, board of directors, Women's Division board, donors, event attendees and prospects.
MUST be able to read/understand Hebrew.
Comfortable with excel, word, and Google suite.
Flexible with changing priorities midway.
Knowledge of DonorPerfect a plus.
Office Hours: M-Th 9:30-5 PM, Fri 9:30-3 PM
Off on National Jewish Holidays