Oversee listener service activities for KNKX, which include communicating with listeners and members, responding to listener and member inquiries, and preparing listener service response plans as needed. In addition, this position handles tasks related to office organization and management, ensuring KNKX staff have the tools and access needed to perform job duties. The Listener Service Manager is a member of the Development department and reports directly to the Associate Director of Development. This is a full-time hourly position, and pays $17.50-19.50 per hour depending on experience. This position is located in our Tacoma office, but works with staff from both of the KNKX Seattle and Tacoma offices.
KNKX is dedicated to keeping employees safe and healthy with regard to COVID-19, and will be accommodating work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines and staff comfort levels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage KNKX’s main listener service email and phone lines and respond to online listener comments and inquiries.
- Provide reception assistance for guests, employees and vendors.
- Assists with office tasks and ongoing projects, including but not limited to: mail services (sorting, prepping, labeling, picking up/ dropping off mail), filing, membership data-entry, printing, folding, transposing, updating online events calendar, and other projects as needed.
- Work closely with the constituent/donor database; maintains records by updating account information.
- Learns about KNKX and Jazz24 programming schedules, organizational structure and membership services and benefits offered to help resolve constituent and donor inquiries.
- Resolve donor account or service inquiries/problems by clarifying the constituent’s issue; determines the cause of the problem; selects and explains the best solution to solve the problem or directs to appropriate staff who can assist; follows up to ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Follow external and internal communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Acts as supervisor to volunteers, on-call or student workers assisting with front desk and facility tour duties including recruitment, hiring and training.
- In partnership with the Development team members, assist with the design, prep, review, and distribution of mass communications to listeners and donors, including newsletters, event invitations, program updates, solicitations, etc.
- In partnership with the Associate Director of Development manage a contract call center for holiday and busy fundraising seasons. Create and update training materials for call center staff.
- Schedule and facilitate station tours including script preparation.
- Organize and participate in various outreach events off-site.
- Develops procedures and policies for administrative activities, such as mail distribution and servicing, reception, and other related internal operations
- Manage supply inventory and submit supply orders for both KNKX locations (Seattle/Tacoma).
- Act as point of contact for building issues and access for both Seattle and Tacoma locations. Disseminate information about these topics, as needed.
- Provide support for all-staff meetings, including catering, space rental, and A/V needs.
- Manage shared calendars and communications for both internal and external space reservations at Seattle and Tacoma facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work cooperatively with a large number of people.
- Maintain well-organized materials, files, systems and tools.
- Understands the culture and structure of KNKX and communicate KNKX's policies effectively.
- Exhibits punctual, dependable attendance.
- Brainstorms, problem solves, and fixes problems quickly displays high energy level, understands urgency, and a self-starter.
- Familiarity with database systems and practices
- Familiarity with email marketing tools
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with the public at all times.
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferred but can be substituted for experience
Copy and Paste Link