The ideal candidate for the SVP, Finance role is an experienced, highly qualified financial leader who is ready for a stimulating and unique challenge. The SVP of Finance will lead a finance team as well as participate as a corporate senior team member as well as create strategies aligning financial policies and procedures with company objectives.
- Oversight and quality assurance of the First Book Marketplace as both an Internet site, but also as a hub for information and resources.
- Identification of online retail trends that First Book should test and/or follow to ensure the First Book Marketplace experience is seamless, fresh, and providing both resources and information that help improve the lives of the members.
- Lead the Ecommerce team through stretch performance goals that reflect the network’s engagement in the Marketplace (e.g. abandoned carts, customer satisfaction, AOV, number of SKUs on the MP, number of front list titles, etc.)
- Monitor performance indicators and business metrics for trends and possible issues with the business model.
- Stay current on industry-wide Ecommerce best practices and make recommendations for enhancements and changes to keep the site both current and fresh.
- Participate in leadership meetings as required.
- Participate as a member of the Technology Advisory Group.
- Serve as primary executive contact for First Book’s leased warehouses ensuring contract compliance and acceptable metrics for materials management.
- Strategically engage other departments to ensure integration with performance indicators and objectives of other departments.
- Oversee data gathering and analysis for the department-at-large and utilize Sales Force Dashboards to present data to the department and to the leadership team.
- Meets weekly for 30-60 minutes with department’s director level, and above.
- Hosts weekly Ecommerce Manager’s meeting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be able to work seamlessly in an environment where agile adaptation is expected.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and committed to analysis and summary of data for the purposes of decision-making and strategies for growth.
- A sense of humor and the ability to handle complicated situations with a cool head is imperative.
- Ability to lead and direct a staff with a diversity of skills, strengths, and perspectives.
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig in to help solve problems and to relieve bandwidth constraints when needed.
- Verifiable experience managing a team of 10+
- Expertise in Ecommerce and online retail best practices
- Proven ability to think strategically, hear constructive feedback, and operate in an environment of collaboration and consensus
All full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Eleven Annual Holidays
- 401 K and employer matching pension contribution
- Transportation benefits
Candidates are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the position to http://firstbook.force.com/careers. If you need assistance applying please reach out to Ashley Jones, 202-499-5935.