FinEquity is a community of practice to advance women’s financial inclusion globally, convened by CGAP. It is a program of the Segments and Insights Project.
FinEquity has a global membership spanning individuals working with donors, research institutions, financial service providers, technical assistance providers, and non-profit organizations. It uses various digital platforms and in-person events to connect members, foster knowledge sharing, facilitate learning, and promote influence amongst members to improve impact.
FinEquity members pursue women’s financial inclusion to broaden economic empowerment. FinEquity learning themes are Gender Transformative Solutions, Digitally Enabled Financial Inclusion, and Impact Pathways. Each theme has a lead responsible for designing and leading activities. FinEquity also plays an integral role in CGAP’s staff capacity building, project development, and influence.
FinEquity has created a regional group, FinEquityALC, to engage Spanish speakers advancing women’s financial inclusion in the Latin America and the Caribbean region and is launching a similar group in Sub Saharan Africa. FinEquity ALC and FinEquityAfrica host member networking and knowledge-sharing events, leveraging the FinDev Platform.
The FinEquity Communications Consultant will work closely with the FinEquity facilitator, technical and regional facilitators, and the FinDev and CGAP Communications teams. They will be responsible for all communications for FinEquity Global and FinEquityAfrica (communications for FinEquityALC are largely managed by the regional facilitator for FinEquityALC). This includes:
- Communications work plan
- Writing and editing
- Social media
- Regional support.
Master's degree in Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science, or other related disciplines, and at least 5 years of relevant experience; OR equivalent combination of the level of education and relevant experience.
A minimum of five years' experience writing and/or editing medium to long-form text, including at least two years editing for the web.
• Excellent command of English and AP style. Strong writing and editing skills, and an ability to convey complex ideas in a creative, clear, and lively style.
• Shows initiative and takes a proactive approach to generate a consistent pipeline of content.
• Demonstrated experience managing social media channels; can advise others on best practices.
• Web production skills including experience building or maintaining websites using Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager, or WordPress. Knowledge of HTML is an asset.
• Ability to collect web and social media analytics, interpret trends in data, and understand implications for intended audiences.
• Comfort designing and producing e-newsletters using Constant Contact, MailChimp, or Adobe Campaign.
• Experience with design software such as Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Canva. Experience with video editing is an asset.
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably juggle multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
• Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and team skills; demonstrated client orientation; sensitized in working in a diverse and multicultural environment; ability to work effectively and respectfully with writers of different skill levels, from writers who simply need a copy edit to writers who struggle with message and structure.
• Experience working in finance or international development preferred.
• Knowledge of French language is an asset, but not required.
The daily rate will be determined based on the qualifications and prior experience of the consultant per World Bank Group Guidelines.
Please send your cover letter and CV to: [email protected] with the following subject line: FinEquity Communications Application
The position will be open for two weeks with a cut off for applications on 25 November 2022