Do you thrive in a team-oriented environment where you can develop a deep understanding of our customers (i.e. individual donors) to create a world-class experience across our technology platform?
GlobalGiving is looking for a Director of Market Insights & Analytics, internally called, Director of Donor Growth and Engagement to join our team.
In this role, you will be laser-focused on crafting a world-class, exceptional experience for hundreds of thousands of people who support charitable causes through GlobalGiving every year. You will mine data to yield insights about how we can make giving delightful, habitual, and rewarding. You will be responsible for analyzing and optimizing the end-to-end donor experience to inspire repeat giving and brand loyalty. Ultimately, your work will drive growth, helping the organization meet its goal to drive significantly more funding to community-led projects around the world for vital causes such as disaster recovery, access to education, and child protection.
You'll have the opportunity to work with a talented (and growing) team of Web engineers, data scientists, and storytellers to delight donors and build GlobalGiving’s reputation as the go-to destination for safe and easy giving to thousands of causes in 170+ countries.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
- Own and develop the growth strategy for GlobalGiving’s donor-focused products, including but not limited to our website, GlobalGiving Gift Cards, and Disaster Response
- Define, segment, and size market segments
- Discover and validate opportunities (both existing and future donors), including prioritizing among new market opportunities
- Discover, research, and thoroughly understand donor needs and map those needs to the value propositions for GlobalGiving’s set of offerings
- Analyze the competitive landscape and position GlobalGiving’s offerings for individual donors within it
- Analyze and continuously improve success rates of our offerings to donors, and optimize the fee structure and add-on contributions.
- Work closely with the Product Team to lead the ideation and execution of product enhancements that drive growth in donations
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Team to support a lifecycle marketing strategy and map existing and ideal donor journeys
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- At least seven years of experience in a growth-oriented position focused on a consumer market, ideally in the nonprofit or e-commerce space.
- A track record of success using web analytics and other data sources to discover trends and inform donor segments, product development, and positioning
- Understanding of product development processes for web-based software products
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational, project management, people and communication skills
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others' ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions
- Experience contributing at a leadership level, in leading and influencing change internally at all levels, across the organization.
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving and a commitment to our core values
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in business, marketing, psychology, or comparable field
- A continuous learning orientation (as demonstrated through professional development experiences)
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
Starting salary range: $130k to $145k.
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, up to 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met." (One of many true stories.) And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and will be filled remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Once in-office operations can safely resume, this role can either be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. or continue to operate remotely, as long as most of the workday overlaps with US/Eastern time. If you intend to apply as a remote-worker, be prepared to speak about your experience with remote employment in the recruitment process.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of this permanent position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
In efforts to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, GlobalGiving requires all employees to adhere to the GlobalGiving Vaccination Mandate policy upon their start date. New employees will be required to be fully vaccinated upon their start date, if expected to work from the office. New employees working remotely who will have occasional contact with the office and/or co-workers will also be required to be fully vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.