Our team is growing! Homebase is adding a position for an experienced Policy Analyst to join our passionate national team. Homebase is a nonprofit dedicated to the social problem of homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness, prevent its recurrence, and decrease its effect on communities. We work at the local, state and national levels to support communities in designing systems and implementing responses to homelessness while fostering collaboration and collective impact in addressing its political and economic causes.
Homebase Policy Analysts and Staff Attorneys lead our hands-on work supporting communities nationally to design and implement solutions to homelessness. This is a dynamic position with room to grow at a flexible, fun, and supportive organization, working closely with internal and external partners to increase and effectively deploy resources, provide technical assistance, and leverage evidence-based strategies to end the crisis of homelessness. Special consideration will be given to candidates experienced with Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) and Continuum of Care (CoC) Program funding.
- Supporting national implementation of federal, state, and local programs to address homelessness, housing, and poverty.
- Identifying gaps and assessing the needs of homeless response systems and providing tailored content and processes to build the capacity of community-based organizations.
- Guiding analysis and implementation of data-driven systems to measure performance, evaluate outcomes, identify cross-system usage trends, and develop policy solutions to address homelessness.
- Training key stakeholders about best practices, program models, and regulations to educate and inform local decision-making processes, especially related to Emergency Solutions Grants and Continuum of Care programs.
- Facilitating community-based planning processes and engaging key stakeholders across sectors in efforts to prevent and end homelessness.
- Creating high-quality written, visual, data-informed tools for local and national audiences, including curricula, manuals, user guides, and other training and resource materials.
- Providing thought leadership and developing effective relationships across jurisdictions, systems and sectors to support alignment in effectively addressing homelessness.
- Managing a dynamic array of projects and clients with our collaborative team of homeless and supportive housing experts.
Successful candidates must possess:
- Experience with Emergency Solutions Grants and Continuum of Care programs.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including strong public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Ability to succeed in a warm and supportive team-based environment and cultivate collaborative internal and external partnerships.
- Strong analytical capabilities and enthusiasm for breaking down and explaining complex ideas.
- Experience developing anti-racist programs and systems and conducting community planning processes reflecting core principles of equity and inclusion.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects under strict deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, flexibility and willingness to travel; licensed drivers preferred.
Homebase prefers candidates with:
- Demonstrated commitment to the public interest and passion for addressing homelessness and poverty.
- MPA, MPP, MSW (Policy Analyst), JD (Staff Attorney), or equivalent experience.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated increased responsibility; experience managing/cultivating staff and coordinating projects across various internal and external teams and partners is a plus.
- Experience with state and local governmental agencies and/or housing and homelessness systems and programs preferred but not required.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a 5% 403(b) match, health insurance, and generous PTO. While our office is based out of San Francisco, CA, this position has the option to be remote. Part time candidates will also be considered.
Please email cover letter, resume, and at least three references to [email protected]. Positions open until filled.