The Senior Director of Marketing will lead, build and mentor a high performing a multidisciplinary team in the development and execution of communication plans and activities that further advance the Internet Society's (ISOC) mission and support the organization’s financial stability. It is critical that the Senior Director of Marketing foster collaboration with other departments to ensure effective prioritization and execution of marketing activities.
Reporting to the Vice President, Communications, this person will be responsible for bringing audience-appropriate marketing strategies to the public at large on the importance of the Internet as a transformative resource for good in the world and to attract new supporters of our mission, and advocates to defend the greatest resource of the modern century.
The Internet continues to be threatened by misinformed governments and large corporations seeking financial gain, and we need the voice of the public to help defend it.
This position is Remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
People Management and Leadership
- Lead, mentor, and supervise a team of CMC subject matter experts, including content, digital marketing, operations, and web
- Support direct reports through coaching, career development, decision-making, and triage conflicts
- Encourage stakeholder collaboration and information exchange
- Assure direct reports are managing their workload on time and budget, identify resource gaps, and take necessary action to correct slippage
- Ensure the team is operating towards defined goals and KPIs
- Identify team support and resource gaps, fortifying solutions
- Work collaboratively with Vice President of Communications to develop strategic plans, yearly budgets, reporting, and analysis
- Play a key role in the development of multi-channel communication plans and supporting activities that will further ISOC’s mission and fundraising efforts
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop strategic marketing plans that align with the organization’s goals
- Work with communications channel managers to develop integrated channel roadmaps, ensuring execution
- Make future channel and campaign recommendations based on analysis and audience insight
- Seek out impact story opportunities
- Triage department requests, investigate requirements, implement best fulfillment approac
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or a related field
- 12+ years of communications experience and 5-7 years of supervisory experience
- Strong leadership track record
- Proven background in taking marketing communication strategies to execution
- Experience managing digital content and channels
- Strong understanding of the various channels of communication and narratives that will relate to channel audiences
- Creative with proven ability to translate complex issues into engaging stories that drive action
- Solid understanding of copywriting, UX/UI, SEO, social media engagement, event strategies, and project management
- Ability to interpret multiple channel metrics to make evidence-based decisions
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Compensation and benefits for this position will be paid in local currency and based on the country and geographic location’s local salary and benefits market data for the position.