About NYC Kids RISE:
The NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program is a universal, community-driven wealth-building platform that expands access to mainstream financial products, puts real financial assets in the hands of families and communities, provides financial education for families and students, and brings schools and neighborhoods together to support all of their children’s futures. NYC Kids RISE is about to start its fifth year of operations in the geographic area of School District 30 in Queens - one of the most diverse school districts in the country - more than 13,000 students (~95% of all First, Second, Third and Fourth Graders) have a NYC Scholarship Account with more than $6M accumulated to date. Based on the success of the pilot, the City recently announced that the Program will be expanding citywide in the Fall 2021.
Through the Program, every student enrolled in a participating NYC public (district or charter) elementary school, starting in kindergarten, automatically receives an NYC Scholarship Account invested in the NY 529 Direct Plan plan with a $100 seed deposit and up to $200 in early rewards. Their families can open and connect their own college savings account (separate from the scholarship account) and start saving their own money in the ways and amounts that make sense for them, building financial capability and stability. At the same time, communities can contribute to groups of these NYC Scholarship Accounts as both a targeted and universal platform for community-driven asset-building in every neighborhood. By combining seed scholarships, family savings, community investments, and funding streams from every level, the platform can build meaningful assets for public school students. These accounts, and the accompanying program supports, enable families, schools, local organizations, businesses, anchor institutions, financial institutions, philanthropy, and the public sector to work together to build assets in students’ accounts and strengthen social capital by supporting expectations of success across the neighborhood.
Read more about NYC Kids RISE and the Save for College Program and listen to stories from partners who helped build the platform during the pilot phase. Also check out recent articles in Fast Company, the Wall Street Journal and the NYCHA Journal. Read more about NYC Kids RISE theory of change here in a recent report by the Urban Institute.
NYC Kids RISE seeks an entrepreneurial, highly organized, strategic, systems-thinking leader to join our growing team as Senior Director of Compliance and Administration. Reporting to the Chief of Administration and Finance, the Senior Director will play a key role in developing and improving internal systems and organizational infrastructure and processes to advance the NYC Kids RISE mission. The Senior Director will work closely with the Chief of Administration and Finance. They will have a primary focus and responsibility for ensuring contractual, regulatory and legal compliance across the organization and throughout the Save for College Program. They will also support the broad portfolio of Administration & Finance including Financial Management, Human Resources and Performance Management, Operations, Information Technology and Cyber Security and Facilities Management.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop detailed understanding of key contractual obligations;
- Oversee key compliance functions to ensure compliance and quality assurance of contracts, organizational policies, regulatory and other legal obligations;
- Oversee the process of delivering mandatory employee trainings, ensuring trainings are updated in line with regulatory changes and requirements;
- Maintain all current organization policies and procedures and assist with, and lead as needed, codifying key new processes and systems as the program scales;
- Assist, as needed, in the development and management of organizational budget and internal budgeting processes;
- Assist, as needed, in the development of growth and sustainability planning
- Monitor and implement financial management practices to ensure compliance with all finance standards legal requirements, and nonprofit best practices including municipal contracting
- Oversee and develop procurement processes for vendors and consultants as needed including the development of contracts, legal reviews, negotiations, and vendor management;
- Assist, as needed, in the development and implementation of systems to ensure the recruitment and retention of diverse NYC Kids RISE team;
- Lead improvements to the existing human resources processes including performance management systems;
- Ensure compliance with all HR standards and legal requirements particularly with evolving COVID workplace safety standards;
- Develop and implement internal systems and processes around communication, fundraising, contact and document management, hiring, onboarding, and project management as needed
- Assist with and lead as needed codifying key processes and systems as the program scales and proactively identifying processes and systems that need to be codified;
- Maintain all organization policies and procedures in compliance with contractual obligations and nonprofit best practice standards, including maintaining a current employee handbook;
- Oversee contracting processes for vendors and consultants as needed including the development of contracts, legal reviews, negotiations, and vendor management;
- Information Technology & Cyber Security
- Assist in the oversight of Information Technology and cyber security infrastructure as operation grows;
- Ensure technology maintenance in compliance with organizational policies and key contracts;
- Facilities Management
- Facilities planning, oversight and management including ensuring ongoing maintenance of quality work spaces and equipment;
- Develop facility plan for organization as it grows;
- Experience: 10+ years of relevant professional experience, particularly in roles that require good judgement, reliability, responsiveness, and discretion; focus and awareness of the importance of both the process of how the work gets done and the outcome of the work. Exposure to or previous experience working in organizations in the fields of government, financial institutions, asset building and financial capability, community development, education and/or community organizing a plus.
- Communication: Strong interpersonal skills, high levels of emotional intelligence and tendency to identify and amplify strengths in teammates; detail-oriented professional with demonstrated written, verbal, and presentational communication skills for various types of audiences.
- Project Management: Highly organized with proven ability to work cross-functionally, including ability to track, manage and execute work streams toward completion.
- Strategic Thinking and Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to consider an issue, identify and anticipate needs and perspectives, propose solutions, elevate when necessary, and incorporate feedback effectively. Excellent research and presentation skills.
- Collaborative Spirit: Enjoys working as part of a team, but able to work independently; ability to have direct but empathetic conversations with leaders and staff at all levels of the organization; high degree of comfort with change and a fast-paced environment.
Due to COVID-19, the application process for this role will be conducted virtually. The entire team is currently working remotely and depending on the timing of this hire, the Senior Director of Administration and Finance will likely begin this position remotely as well. The office is otherwise based in Long Island City (Queens, NY), and the entire team is expected to return to the office once health conditions allow.
To apply, a cover letter and resume is required. Please list the name of the position “Senior Director of Compliance & Administration" in your cover letter. Salary based on experience.
NYC Kids Rise is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of basis of gender, religion, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, marital status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military status, unemployed status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, a cover letter and resume to https://nyckr.applytojob.com/apply/L20FGYZrkx/Senior-Director-Of-Complia... is required. Please list the name of the position “Senior Director of Compliance & Administration" in your cover letter. Salary based on experience.