160 Fifth Avenue
The FP&A Analyst will report to the Senior Manager of FP&A and will be responsible for supporting the Simons Foundations budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and management reporting functions, with an emphasis on utilizing modern business intelligence and data visualization platforms.
The Simons Foundation is seeking an Analyst to join the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. The FP&A Analyst will report to the Senior Manager of FP&A and will be responsible for supporting the Simons Foundation's budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and management reporting functions, with an emphasis on utilizing modern business intelligence and data visualization platforms.
- Maintain the Simon Foundation's budgeting and FP&A tool. Administer system and reconcile and analyze budget input data integrating from various source systems. Incorporate source data into budgeting and/or scenario-planning models.
- Maintain ad-hoc or alternate budgeting and financial models in the foundation's budgeting and FP&A tool.
- Develop a deep understanding of the sources of financially significant and operational data available at the foundation; leverage all available data to build financial models for use in forecasting and scenario planning.
- Continuously monitor and analyze financial results compared to the budget and forecast. Review for anomalies and outliers and coordinate follow-ups with budget managers.
- Provide guidance and insight to budget holders regarding expenses and work with them to control costs.
- Create dashboards in Tableau that highlight key financial and operational metrics.
- Develop an extensive library of interactive reports using a variety of datasets to assist in decision making. Partner with business process owners and other key stakeholders to design interactive reports for self-service use in Tableau.
- Design and enhance reports and dashboards that help to analyze spending, highlight trends and identify areas for cost efficiencies and process improvements.
- Prepare rolling cash forecast, monitor cash balances across entities and coordinate liquidity decisions with management.
- Participate in special projects and collaborate with data team to improve reporting, analytical tools, and internal processes to enhance management decision process.
- Support process improvements around the budgeting cycle and financial reporting.
- Respond to ad-hoc financial modeling and/or reporting requests from finance managers and/or leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business or accounting preferred; other degrees will be considered based on level of relevant experience.
- Progress toward CPA, CFA, CMA or FPAC designation or another relevant professional certification is a plus.
- Minimum three years of experience, at least two years focusing on FP&A.
- Experience with modern business intelligence and data visualization tools, such as Tableau or similar, is required.
- Experience with data modeling and dashboard creation is required.
- Understanding of routine accounting methods and processes including cash vs. accrual, journal entries, debits and credits, and the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports is required.
- Familiarity with general ledger accounting systems and financial systems integrations is a plus.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to prepare clear technical documents that can be easily understood by nontechnical audiences.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative and critical-thinking skills and the ability to prioritize workload to deliver high-quality results on time.
- Adaptive to a dynamic, rapidly growing work environment.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter with the ability to work effectively both in teams and independently.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- The full-time annual compensation range for this position is $74,000- $92,000, depending on experience.
- In addition to competitive salaries, the Simons Foundation provides employees with an outstanding benefits package.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/lXmD5MfXzPAwmtbPBFoZ5n
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.