160 Fifth Avenue
The Project Assistant is responsible for providing support to the grants system implementation team for an initial period of ten months (July 2020-May 2021), or longer if necessary. This position involves regular interaction and correspondence with internal staff and external researchers and institution administrators.
Assists with implementation of a new grants management system, including but not limited to
- conducting system testing while supporting staff during user acceptance testing (UAT) periods; responsibilities include
- maintenance of test case scenarios,
- system testing after each journey (milestone) is configured; and
- organization of remediation requests.
- documenting key decisions during team meetings
- assisting project team with stakeholder training; responsibilities include
- supporting of remote training workshops;
- assisting in the development of training materials and standard operating procedures;
- maintaining electronic manuals and training videos; and
- supporting the Grants Assistant in documenting and managing WalkMe walk-throughs.
- supporting business analyst in requirements gathering
- assisting with meeting logistics and scheduling
- Bachelor's degree
- Grants management or administrative experience appreciated
- Knowledge of proposalCENTRAL and/or SmartSimple award management system a plus
- Knowledge of product and software development techniques and agile methodologies a strong bonus
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to proactively anticipate needs
- Superb interpersonal skills - must be able to work well with and adapt to diverse personalities and communications styles
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with competing deadlines and priorities
- Remarkable attention to detail and task follow-through
- Team player with respect for others and ability to work independently
- Interest in new technologies and new media
- Enthusiasm for and the ability to easily adapt to change
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/wdkh7ff9rjq74n5f