The Facilities Assistant will provide general administrative and field support for the Facilities team.
160 Fifth Avenue
The Facilities Assistant will provide general administrative and field support for the Facilities team. This position will report to the Facilities Manager, who will coordinate requests across the team and delegate responsibilities to Facilities Assistant.
This is a temporary position expected to last three months, with the possibility of extension.
- Maintain, organize and regularly audit digital files, Facilities documentation in shared drives, Dropbox and Google Docs.
- Assist with Facilities related research, special projects and reports on an ongoing or ad-hoc basis.
- Process Facilities invoices and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Obtain certificates of insurance, quotes and contract proposals from vendors. Build and maintain the Facilities team's various databases.
- Manage logistics for all Facilities meetings, including organizing materials, coordinating calendars and registering external guests. When appropriate, take meeting minutes and document the outcomes and action steps.
- Manage the internal and external Facilities email boxes and iOffice service request system.
- Foster and build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare name plates and various materials such as contractor project folders for the Facilities Coordinators or Handyperson.
- Field Support:
- Be able and willing to use a wireless two-way radio.
- Perform inventory of all office supply areas. Manage deliveries and distribute accordingly.
- Purchase tools and consumable materials as requested.
- Assist with opening and closing of air walls in multipurpose rooms.
- Be able to use various hand trucks, flat bed carts and dollies.
- Lifting of materials up to 50 pounds.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably in Facilities or a related discipline
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Facilities
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing timelines
- Highly professional and ability to maintain tact and confidentiality at all times
- Sound judgment and discretion
- Must be able to work overtime, occasional nights, weekends, holidays when required and respond to office emergencies.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/6eQ6JnIYGXajBc8W6iBX27